Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so after fighting and fighting with my EP3 and Honda's failed attempt at a Mcpherson suspension setup I decided to sell it. Had tire wear issues since the tie rods were too short, suspension issues with not being able to lower enough and noise caused by the pillowball mounts... annoying as **** lol

So I picked up a 2004 Acura TSX

Pictures do not do any justice

After executing a few repairs I'm going to start this as a slow project over a period of at least 3 years (yes i want to keep this one longer than 1 year lol)

This summer I'm prioritizing fixing some of the issues first. Then I'm planing on a few things for this summer:

- BC Racing BR Type Coilovers with custom rates and extreme low kit
- Color match the grill trims that are currently black (ugly)
- Ingalls rear camber kit
- 2-step exterior detail

I will make this my slow build thread!

Comments and opinions are welcome

Update:

A-spec front lip

Chrome grill trims (looks so much better)

06-08 wiper arms (worth every penny)

Picked up my coilovers yesterday! will be going on next weekend

*** UPDATE ***

Coilovers Installed

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good and welcome to the club. 6spd FTW
Yes 6MT was a must! Thank you!

good choice on upgrades so far. I'd say paintmatch the hood trim and grill, it'd look a lot better than chrome
Ya eventually I will color match them, I needed new trims anyways since most of the tabs were broken on the originals that came with the car.

Although for now the chrome is much better than the black and on the SSM it doesn't stand out too much.

Thank you

:tu: Looks great keep us updated
For sure I will the coils will be installed next weekend when i can devote some time to do it; most of the bolts so far have been seized so i'm sure i'm in for a hell of an install lol

Welcome to the club! SSM/ASM FTW!
Thank you and yes SSM FTW!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is the ride quality?
I am very satisfied with the ride quality, I have them set to 25 on all four corners with 12K/10K rates, its stiff but not too stiff the whole interior isn't rattling when I hit bumps lol

Although I do have to mention that Im running with one swaybar endlink attached in the back lol the last endlink I havent changed now needs to be after the install so just waiting to pick one up.

Im sure it will handle a bit better with two attached endlinks lol

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
next time you take pics get my porsche out of the frame!!!!!

j/k moar pics

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple of new pictures here although I haven't done anything to the car recently, except for some repairs:

I wanted to go lower but I busted the locknut key and I never got around to extracting the locknuts till yesterday...

Now I have a few other repairs to do and hoping that a rear lip and RSB will arrive soon!

Since this content isn't really amazing heres where I was 2 weeks ago:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Are you driving a Mustang?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Details on RS3......

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So yesterday night i picked up a set of these bad boys for 600$ cnd.

Work VS XX

18x8.5 and 18x9.5 +35 in 5x114.3

One has a minor bend on the inner barrel that is most likely repairable while another one needs a new barrel altogether.

They also need to be refinished since there is some uirb rash on the lips and on the faces but this is going to be my winter project!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.