Looks awesome and nicely done :D

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
looks good... looking to do this mod in the near future

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also ordered from them and just got it this week. Was it difficult to work around the curves? Looking to do this next weekend, weather permitting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
all you need now is a black interior, pitch black tint, and some nice black wheels and it would look SICK lol

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
I've had my blacked out chrome done about four years ago. It's starting to show its wear around the edges so I need to redo mine as well. I will consider this an option or painting it to get it over with :|

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
nice work

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
did you get the gloss one? I got the matte black to match the rest of the car....

As for the question about going around curves. It depends what type of curve. The material is thin yet feels really good. It can strech pretty well.

When I did my 06 grille with this stuff it took a bit of time I started inside and worked my way out. Tho the sharp edges at the top end posed to be the hardest. So do those towards the end

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comments guys.. it is great stuff to work with but you need to take your time, have the right temperature(important) and be willing to do a section over.

by no means is every part perfect, but a few are. the bottom right side of the grill should be redone...

Like BMWProBoi said, start on the inside of the curve and stretch the vinyl the outside. Apply and trim off the access...

Oh I found that i didn't use the squeegy, I more so used my thumb to apply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts