Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this has been covered yet, but as most of you probably know there is no aux input in the 2005 tsx. its killing me not being able to listen to my mp3 player while driving. does anyone know of any adapters (cd player?) / ways to plug an mp3 player in?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
there is a few options you can go with........if you have ipod ( USAspec, isimple, GROM audio), if you want usb (GROM audio)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a droid, but i think it acts the same as an ipod no?

also, how much does it cost to install one of these?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
no its not the same, because those are specifically made to connect to a ipod, if you just want aux added, i suggest you get the grom audio Products by SKU

These can be easily installed yourself, there are a few DIY tutorials on this forum

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks a lot! how would i find one of these DIYs for the sku , ima huge forum noob. does anyone have the link?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just went to best buy and had them install this 03-10 select Honda / Acura Auxiliary adapter / AUX input converter cus im a huge noob. and i noticed that when i have it on the cdc setting ( the one my mp3 operates on) there is a humming noise coming from the speakers that increases as i accelerate and its noise level is in correlation w how high the speakers are turned up. is this normal? if not whats the best way to fix it bc its starting to really get on my nerves

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
check to make sure you have good grounds. It may solve your issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in with other solutions.

Also check to see your RCA cables are not right next to your power wires. (I just did some quick research and that sounds like a possible answer as well)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check to make sure you have good grounds. It may solve your issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in with other solutions.

Also check to see your RCA cables are not right next to your power wires. (I just did some quick research and that sounds like a possible answer as well)
yea, i called back best buy car audio people and told them the problem. they mentioned not having good enough grounds - i didnt really understand what the guy was explaining to me as he was extremely inept, or so it seemed. i feel like i should bring the car back and have those dweebs fix this cus its pretty irritating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts