Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.

Is that blue light that shines down on the console supposed to be on when you turn your lights on? Mines kind of flakey and only comes on sometimes. Any way to get to that light so I can check the connection?

Thanks for the help!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Gallery
2,946 Posts
I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.

Is that blue light that shines down on the console supposed to be on when you turn your lights on? Mines kind of flakey and only comes on sometimes. Any way to get to that light so I can check the connection?

Thanks for the help!
It is supposed to come on with the parking lights/low beams. I've never had any trouble with it not turning on.

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Yeah. Usually when you turn your sidemarkers on, the accent light is on. Never had trouble with that, seems weird. G/l with it though. I'm sure it's probably a small fix.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That's what I figured it was supposed to do. It's pretty much hit or miss lol.

I'll take it apart this weekend and see what the deal is.

Thanks for the help.

John

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you can, find out if you can change the colour. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Any fix yet? Its really bothering me, because I LOVE that accent light, and half the time it isnt noticeable... :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I kinda messed with it. I took apart the map light console, pulled the homelink out, and opened up the homelink. I then plugged the green connector back in and turned on my headlights. If I even touched the bulb or socket in the circuit board, it would flicker on and off.

So I pulled the bulb, wiped off the contacts, bent the contacts on the bulb sockrt out so they would fit snug again, and reinstalled the bulb. When i plugged it back in, rattled it, touched it, etc, the light stayed on. So I'm hoping its fixed.

I'll update if it happens again.

Just a heads up. There are two screws under the map light lens covers. One on each side. The homelink comes apart fairly easily. It's just tabs. You will see if you have to take it out. Self explanatory really. The bulb socket was the bitch to remove. If you look closely, there are two small tabs on the bulb socket, that keep you from rotating it, to remove it. You'll see that you need to pry those up with a pick or pocket screw driver, to be able to rotate and remove the socket.

But its all fairly easy. Takes 10 minutes to accomplish. If needed, I can try and do a write up another day...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for checking this out. I haven't had time recently. I'll have to take mine apart and see if mine is loose too. If I remember I'll take some pics.

Thanks again,

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts