Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody identify in a pic where the factory bluetooth module location is on a 2008 with Navi? I took apart the dome light console to discover that only the Mic is up there, and theres no bluetooth module. My bluetooth died, and I'd like to replace the module myself instead of taking it to the dealer.

Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
The HFL control unit is located behind the glove box/right kick panel area, on the right side. how "handy" are you? The service manual has alot of troubleshooting tests and such, but pretty indepth. let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi endlesswinterco

I'm pretty handy, I've been able to do things like retrofit bluetooth on a BMW e92 before.

I had found another thread mentioning that the HFL is located behind the glovebox, but upon removing the glovebox, I didn't see it. I understand its a black plastic box, but I didn't see it, I'll try to look again. I have the service manual, but I couldn't find any mention of the HFL, do you know what section it would be in?

Thanks in advance!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
try below the glove box, to the right, there should be the kick plate, plastic panel. The diagram in the manual is not specific enough/detailed on it. In my manual, its page 22-445.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try below the glove box, to the right, there should be the kick plate, plastic panel. The diagram in the manual is not specific enough/detailed on it. In my manual, its page 22-445.
I went to go look at it, there is a plastic plate to the right that is next to the opening of the door facing into the cabin, and there is another plastic plate directly below the glove box that faces down towards the passenger footwell. Which one are you referring to as the kick plate?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
sorry, the one that faces down, towards the passenger footwell, directly below the glove box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I still don't see it, here is a pic I took of the kick panel removed. I don't see any module that looks like it would be the bt module.

[/IMG]

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
to the right! i woudl think you are looking at the front of the car. to the right, the plastic panel. should be behind there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I found it! I was able to take the module out, I think my next step would be to get it tested before I go out a buy a new module. It looks like I can just pick up any BT module from the same vintage TL too, at least from the pics the modules look the same to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just replaced my bluetooth module and everything is back up and running again. Thanks again endless!

·
Joy
37 Posts
did you replace withe same module? The reason i ask is because I wonder if we can replace the BT module from the second Gen.... Has anyone one this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having trouble finding the location of the bluetooth module in my 2006 tsx. I think I see it behind the glove box on the right hand side. How do you remove the plastic side panel below the glove box? Does it just snap out? I was unable to see the photos in your message.

·
Registered
275 Posts
did you replace withe same module? The reason i ask is because I wonder if we can replace the BT module from the second Gen.... Has anyone one this?
Back from the dead! I want to know this too cause I'm tired of using the aux cable in my 06. Ive gotten spoiled with my Lexus Rx350 cause it streams music from my phone and my boy has a second gen tsx and his streams music trough bluetooth and im mad jealous lol. Is it possible to use the 2nd gen tsx bluetooth module and stream music?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having trouble finding the location of the bluetooth module in my 2006 tsx. I think I see it behind the glove box on the right hand side. How do you remove the plastic side panel below the glove box? Does it just snap out? I was unable to see the photos in your message.
I also have a 06 honda accord built for the japanese domestic market RHD the acura is the sister version for north america i am having great difficulty in locating that bluetooth module can some help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts