Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone add bluetooth into the TSX? (Like the TL)...anyway to integrate the TLs kit? OR just get an aftermarket? Will bluetooth be available in future TSX models?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,664 Posts
Wait, Larch has a phone that doesn't have a cord :eek:
I had Bluetooth in my TL, and wasn't all that impressed with it.
I have yet to hear of any TSX's featuring a Bluetooth kit, but please let us know if you find one :)
Joker - who pictures Larch using this phone :p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
Thanks, lyx! Looks like a great place to start, maybe actually what I'll get.
I can't tell for sure if this does exactly what I'm looking for, also I can't tell if maybe the set-up would be cumbersome -- e.g. where that unit could go on the TSX, how the phone would be placed in it or hooked up to it.
Also I don't think the price is shown on the site or its links, but if it's what I need, I doubt price will be an issue.
Definitely a good lead. Thanks much -- great get!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
http://www.expansys-usa.com/other.asp?cat=CARKI

i would wait for the parrot ck3100 - because it has the display to show the number of the caller -

if you are using a cell company with a gsm phone..check out the nokia 610 car kit...

also the siemens hkw-600 has hope of being a great tool

i am personally waiting for the ck3100, and for nextel to have a bluetooth phone

hope that helps

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
vp911 said:
.....i would wait for the parrot ck3100 - because it has the display to show the number of the caller.....
i am personally waiting for the ck3100, and for nextel to have a bluetooth phone

hope that helps
Yes -- it helps a lot!
Also let me say that I appreciate all the great things you're putting on this site. Lots of great and interesting tech stuff that a lot of people have been looking for.

About the phone: I personally don't care at all about displaying the number of the caller.
In fact, in the car I usually use the phone just to make calls. If I'm not making a call that I want to make, I like to just zone out and enjoy the car.

The only things I care about on the phone are:

-- hands-free dialing
-- the phone getting charged automatically while it's in the saddle
-- that where it's installed shouldn't get much in the way of the driver or passenger
-- and of course good quality sound, reception, etc. to the extent possible.

I imagine it doesn't necessarily have to be Bluetooth for those things.

·
Registered
549 Posts
larchmont said:
Yes -- it helps a lot!
Also let me say that I appreciate all the great things you're putting on this site. Lots of great and interesting tech stuff that a lot of people have been looking for.

About the phone: I personally don't care at all about displaying the number of the caller.
In fact, in the car I usually use the phone just to make calls. If I'm not making a call that I want to make, I like to just zone out and enjoy the car.

The only things I care about on the phone are:

-- hands-free dialing
-- the phone getting charged automatically while it's in the saddle
-- that where it's installed shouldn't get much in the way of the driver or passenger
-- and of course good quality sound, reception, etc. to the extent possible.

I imagine it doesn't necessarily have to be Bluetooth for those things.

hmm....if you want it to be charged automatically then i would not get bluetooth... most phones have a hands free kit designed specifically for them....

i personally would reccoment bluetooth just because you dont have to plug it in anywhere... just keep the phone in your pocket, coat...wherever... and you are good to go make or rcv a call...

most of the kits can turn down the radio volume in the car so there one be any interferance with that...

as far as the kits... i imagine parrot or siemens would have the best kits.. parrot's kit that does NOT have the display..( i think the ck3000) is supposed to be very good...so ive heard at least...

siemens makes regular cordless phones - the phones in my house - so i imagine theirs will be decent...

i wish acura would release a kit like they have in the TL, but they have already basically said they wont....

what phone do you have? and what carrier? i will check and see if there is anything spectacular for your phone..

glad this is helping :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,087 Posts
Thanks for the additional info, Vik. I guess I didn't realize exactly what one of these set-ups is, and how it works together with the phone, although I do get a pretty good idea from your post. I think I better just go to a place that sells and installs them, and have them show or explain exactly what the deal is.

·
Registered
549 Posts
have fun trying to get one....

first, they dont work with most phones, (only about 20 models).... and they discontinued those kits a few months ago.....

i was on the phone wiht about 20 people from acura and many dealers and everybody concluded that because there are so many different phones they could not support it anymore.

·
Registered
549 Posts
larchmont said:
Does it have hands-free dialing? (I didn't think so.)

:)... i would personally reccomend the parrot...just because of all the good things i have heard about it...

let me know if you get one..and how you like it... if nextel ever comes out with a bluetooth phone ill be all over getting a kit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.