Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys....kinda new here but been lookin at alot of the pics here n jus wanted to get ur guys opinion on which body kit to get.
I actually dont have the car yet but planning to upgrade my integra to the 6mt tsx in white by the eom.
Looking at the oem kit at dealership, euro R or k style.
oem is attractive cuz could prob get deal at dealership w/car
k style i like
n euro R has nice jdm look
Im having a hard time deciding cuz i havent really seen any of these kits in person on a car here.......calgary
thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
DIGGZ said:
Hey guys....kinda new here but been lookin at alot of the pics here n jus wanted to get ur guys opinion on which body kit to get.
I actually dont have the car yet but planning to upgrade my integra to the 6mt tsx in white by the eom.
Looking at the oem kit at dealership, euro R or k style.
oem is attractive cuz could prob get deal at dealership w/car
k style i like
n euro R has nice jdm look
Im having a hard time deciding cuz i havent really seen any of these kits in person on a car here.......calgary
thx
I guess you can find a lot of pics for each bodykit in this forum. Do some research. It really depends on your budget. OEM kit is a good choice IMO. Good price and Good Looking. You can probably get it for around 820 bucks not more than 900 USD shipped within US. So that's around 1100 - 1200 CDN.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
OEM kit is great because it looks great, and is relitivly cheap...

Kenstyle im honestly not a big fan of, but look for TSX on DUb's car...hes got it

The Euro R is my favorite, but also pritty damn Expensive

The Mugen is Georgous too, but pricy as hell

oh and Both the Euro R and the OEM you can install yourself, w/ out much trouble
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
limited budge - oem kit
welling to spend alittle big more and a little bit more unique - EuroR kit
got some cash and want to be more unique - Kenstyle
too much cash to burn - mugen :D but it's great great overall quailty and styling ..
does it sounds better Saz ?
 

·
助手席乗員
Joined
·
2,128 Posts
Andynolife said:
limited budge - oem kit
welling to spend alittle big more and a little bit more unique - EuroR kit
got some cash and want to be more unique - Kenstyle
too much cash to burn - mugen :D but it's great great overall quailty and styling ..
does it sounds better Saz ?
oooo4
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
Andynolife said:
limited budge - oem kit
welling to spend alittle big more and a little bit more unique - EuroR kit
got some cash and want to be more unique - Kenstyle
too much cash to burn - mugen :D but it's great great overall quailty and styling ..
does it sounds better Saz ?
Yup, great great quality, styling, AND wind tunnel tested
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oem

Thx for the replies guys...rite now leaning towards oem cuz could prob work it into lease/finance n dont really wanna do it myself...
duz n e one know n e thing bout those knock off replica k style kits...quality construction wise.. sellin on ebay... n those knock off mugen grills???
 

·
JT2k4TSX
Joined
·
172 Posts
Hey man.............just get the OEM kit. You can order it from hondacuraworld.com prepainted and with it being OEM you know it will fit perfect without any modifications. I just got mine and man I love it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
DIGGZ said:
n e one know n e thing bout those knock off replica k style kits...quality construction wise.. sellin on ebay... n those knock off mugen grills???
Anyone tried the replica mugen grills?
 

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
Joined
·
9,175 Posts
One guy here did.......i think it's a thread somewhere. He said they aren't that good. 1st time, fitment ain't right, wait for a long time. 2nd time.... not that good quailty, fitment wasn't that great either........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Diggz, I wouldn't buy replicas of anything. If you cant afford the original, save up till you can. Having experience w/ many different kits(I work in a body shop) I ca n honestly say that if you want one of those knock off kits to look right, you will spend more $$$ paying the shop to fit the kit than if you just buy the original. There's a reason that the kenstyle is roughly 2k and the knockoffs are 400-700, and that reason is quality. Also, if you are interested I'm selling my sideskirts and rear apron from my kenstyle. Email me at [email protected] for details. Pricing will be very fair. Then you just need the front end and paint.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
187 Posts
jonpfive said:
Diggz, I wouldn't buy replicas of anything. If you cant afford the original, save up till you can. Having experience w/ many different kits(I work in a body shop) I ca n honestly say that if you want one of those knock off kits to look right, you will spend more $$$ paying the shop to fit the kit than if you just buy the original. There's a reason that the kenstyle is roughly 2k and the knockoffs are 400-700, and that reason is quality. Also, if you are interested I'm selling my sideskirts and rear apron from my kenstyle. Email me at [email protected] for details. Pricing will be very fair. Then you just need the front end and paint.
Yeah Quality is definitely a little lower on the replica kit, BUT not that bad. I have the OG Kenstyle on my car and i also have access to a replica. I will say this particular replica fitment wise is 95% as good as the OG. Quality is 80% as good. Nothing tops Japanese quality fiberglass!!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top