Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was trying to change out LCA bushings- compliance and front arm bushing. I can't get the LCA out because the bolt that holds the front arm bushing is stuck inside the front arm bushing.

I believe the rust mended the bushing and the bolt together so when I turn the bolt, the bushing turns also. The bolt won't come out and my compliance bushing is ripped and needs to be replaced.

What are my options?? Is there any cheap option??

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Same problem happens on there all the time.
You're mostly likely going to have to cut the bolt out.
Others have made it with penetrating stuff, impact wrench. Several of us just had to cut the bolt on either side and knock down the rest. It's a terrible problem.
Edit: oops, that's for the rear side

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone will deal with that. It is common on all makes, even 3 yr old cars in the north will do this.
If you are handy, just use sawzall and get some good metal blades (Milwaukee or Dewalt) and keep the speed slow. You'll be surprised how nicely you can cut, so take your time and it will be smooth.
On the head side of the bolt, cut wherever you can, but on the thread side, cut as close as possible to the bushing and away from subframe. This way you'll have something to grip with vise grips to thread it out.

Good luck.

Nino

·
Registered
21 Posts
its very easy... I ordered all new bolts just incase and cut bolt out right on the inside with a sawzall like nino mentioned... no damage to subframe knocked the remainding bolt head with a long punch and 5 pound ball pin hammer... new bolt with some anti-seize torque down your golden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.