Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
offtheline07
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much you guys think it would cost to bore out the K24A2 engine in my 07 AT TSX to about 4in. I know it would make a lot more bhp but I was wondering if it is worth doing. I work at a performance car shop so I get discounts on labor and parts so that would help with the cost.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was wondering how much you guys think it would cost to bore out the K24A2 engine in my 07 AT TSX to about 4in. I know it would make a lot more bhp but I was wondering if it is worth doing. I work at a performance car shop so I get discounts on labor and parts so that would help with the cost.
It will not cost anything as it is not possible.

90mm is a reasonable max. +/- a hair depending on what person think they want.

Regards,

Nino

·
Registered
124 Posts
K24A2 standard bore is 87mm.

On stock sleeves, it is better to have 0.5mm oversize maximum.

No way it can be bored out to 90mm...

J~
I am talking of re-sleeving the block.
He is using 4" as target, re-sleeve is going to give you THE biggest possible bore size, but as I said, party stops at 90mm (+/- a bit), a proverbial "ton" from 4".

Regards,

Nino

·
Registered
264 Posts
As stated, going bigger involves getting a sleeved block.
Looks like some are going 88mm with aftermarket pistons.
With OEM pistons you can get 09 TSX 87.25 oversize for 11:1 compression instead of 10.5:1

If you look at more HP, there is plenty of bolt-ons that will give you a better power band. To name few: FlashPro, PLM headers, J37 TB & Bypass, RRC IM & CAI, 45° VTC Gear and a good tune will put you around 220--230whp. Next step would be Camshafts.

J~

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nah guys , next step is a turbo ) No boring , no sleeving , no cams . Just bolt on it to stock block and 300+whp is here and no need to rev it to the sky )) But nothing can substitute that in the sky revving pleasure , if i could rev it 10k - i would !

·
Registered
190 Posts
As stated, going bigger involves getting a sleeved block.
Looks like some are going 88mm with aftermarket pistons.
With OEM pistons you can get 09 TSX 87.25 oversize for 11:1 compression instead of 10.5:1

If you look at more HP, there is plenty of bolt-ons that will give you a better power band. To name few: FlashPro, PLM headers, J37 TB & Bypass, RRC IM & CAI, 45° VTC Gear and a good tune will put you around 220--230whp. Next step would be Camshafts.

J~
Bravo sir, bravo! ^_^ nailed it one the head.

Or replace the J37 TB and RRC with Skunk offerings. But if we're talking in a budget the others work great too.

Also, make sure it's a Hytech modified VTC Gear. Heeltoe sells them not that much more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.