Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing brakes again this weekend, have 135k on the baby..

I never heard of this one but when the brakes are cold, I dont get any weird sounds while braking but after a few blocks, the brakes are slightly warm, i get all sorts of weird sound while braking..

not screeching sounds but more like stuff rubbing, wobbling, grinding together.. isn't that weird ? i never heard of grinding sound, more of screeching or scraching sound when brakes gets old

·
Registered
227 Posts
check your backing plates make sure they have lots of room between them and the face of the rotor, most likely what it is, they prob bend when they get hot and touch the rotors, simple fix stick a screw driver in between the backing plate and the rotor and just bend them outwards making sure that they dont touch in another spot.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check your backing plates make sure they have lots of room between them and the face of the rotor, most likely what it is, they prob bend when they get hot and touch the rotors, simple fix stick a screw driver in between the backing plate and the rotor and just bend them outwards making sure that they dont touch in another spot.
u mean the black dust shield ? i rip those out looong time ago..

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sounds like this. Recorded with the phone outside the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts