Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Asian
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was working on my car over the weekend.. It is now Sunday night and I can't solve this issue. I've done as much searching as I can but any solutions I found didn't help my situation. I'll go through everything I did so that it would be easier for you guys to help me or give me advice.

I installed new rotors and pads on my car this weekend.. While I had everything off I had this bright idea of refinishing my calipers with a fresh coat of paint.. Well I took them off (dumb idea) and painted them, well on the reinstall everything went smoothly until I went to bleed the brakes with a buddy. Followed the correct order and instructions ( kept the Mc filled the whole time so it didn't get low)

And now my pedal still goes to floor. Here's where it gets me . when I bled the brakes things went smoothly. Then I turned the car on and the pedal went straight to the floor after barely applying any pressure to it. If I pump the brakes they get hard.. But if I leave it alone for 2-3 seconds without pumping them the next time I apply the brakes they go straight back to the ground. No brake fluid leaks anywhere at all.

What am I doing wrong? The wife is pissed that I have to take her to work tomorrow and pick her up afterwards.

My neighbor who is an mechanic at mini is bringing home a bleeding kit he has at work with a gravity fed bottle that I have to hook up to my compressor..

Would that do the trick? Has anyone else had this issue?

Side note the caliper pistons were pushed back in with a c clamp and none of the bleeder valves were opened until I decided to try and bleed the system. The method I used was release valve, press brakes down until fluid stops coming out.. Cap the calve then release brake. Rinsed and repeated about 5-6 times on each corner.

Sorry if this is top long I'm desperate!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
211 Posts
Were you bleeding the brakes yourself? There is probably still air in your system. I had a buddy help me when I bled my brakes, and I kept pumping until there were no more air bubbles coming out, until I went to the next caliper.

·
The Asian
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No leaking of any brake fluid. And I bled them so many times already!

Consensus says there's air in the lines though right? I can't imagine my master cylinder would have gone bad :-( I'm going to lose sleep over this lol thanks for the quick responses guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Bardi
1,348 Posts
You still have air in the lines!! I tried replacing my MS cylinder with a TL-S one a while ago. In doing so all the brake fluid drained and I had to bleed the system. The symptoms were the same as yours. I tried bleeding many times, but it seemed I didnt do a good of enough job. It took a vacuum pump bleeder kit to get the nasty air bubble out. I dont know what it was and I had never experienced such a thing on any car. A good bleeder kit will be your answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.