Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this odd occurrence about a year and a half ago. (When the car is warm or hott outside) I feel and hear a knock every time I press and/or release the brake. It happens at about a 4th of the way down. I am unsure what to look for on my car. I've checked the brakes but they SEEM fine. (It has been getting much more prominent as time goes by and during the winter months it's completely unnoticeable) Any clues? 馃

Registered
One of your brake rotors is overheating from a stuck or semi-stuck caliper. The noise is the pad overly grabbing the rotor and burning on it. Just happened to me last week, smells bad and is hotter than all the other brakes. Its not something that is always physically shown, identify the side that is different After a drive and Replace the caliper.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
One of your brake rotors is overheating from a stuck or semi-stuck caliper. The noise is the pad overly grabbing the rotor and burning on it. Just happened to me last week, smells bad and is hotter than all the other brakes. Its not something that is always physically shown, identify the side that is different After a drive and Replace the caliper.
. I forgot to mention that the front passenger brake rotor is the only one that looks as if there was a rock in it and carved a deep groove onto my rotor. So I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I will have to take a closer look at it this weekend. It has happened twice on the same rotor. 馃. I'm hoping it isn't like a bushing or part of the suspension system.

Registered
. I forgot to mention that the front passenger brake rotor is the only one that looks as if there was a rock in it and carved a deep groove onto my rotor. So I can relate to exactly what you are saying. I will have to take a closer look at it this weekend. It has happened twice on the same rotor. 馃. I'm hoping it isn't like a bushing or part of the suspension system.
Then its most likely that is the problem, kinda weird for these older cars id say because ive never heard of it but on the new Type R and the brembos it comes with has that problem TERRIBLY, rocks get stuck and squeak and ruin the rotors because it gets stuck in an empty cavity on the caliper.

I would unbolt one slide pin bolt and swing the caliper off and look for the rock.
Also a good check for if your caliper is siezed or not is to try to push the car in neutral with your body, if the caliper is stuck it wont let you move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts