Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have replaced my right brake light for the third time in about 5 months and it keeps burning out, but when i hit the the button to lock the car the bulb lights up. Just wondering if this is an electrical problem of sorts or what? what gives? Thanx dudes

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
The brake bulb is a dual-filament bulb. The low filament lights up when the parking lights are on, and the high filament lights up only when the brake pedal is being stepped on.

The high filament has more power going through it, so it has a shorter life expectancy than the low filament. The high filament will usually always burn out way before the low filament does. I'm not sure if the car can detect the bulb being burned out (mine never warns me...I have to find out from people if they happen to follow me in their vehicle).

I'm not sure why your bulb is burning out so soon, though. Maybe check the fuses to see if the right fuse is installed?

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
I know there was something about the brake light wires getting stretched/worn out from the trunk hinge, but I thought that was driver's side only. Sounds like it might be grounding out somewhere. If its not a fuse, look for breaks in the trunk wiring harness running to the lights. Check the socket connections, make sure there is noting in the socket blocking the bulb from lining up correctly too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.