Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear break pads of my 2007 TSX need to be replaced. The dealership quoted me over $300 with OEM brake pads, which is way too high. Does anybody know where I can get OEM brake pads? If anybody has recommendations for other brands, I would love to hear them as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
300 is way too high. My rear pads were done at the dealer for $160. See if you can get a better price from another dealer. But you should try other brands of brake pads. I personally do not like the oem brake pads.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I am running Wagner Thermoqueit pads. You can find them cheap on ebay. I paid around 45-50 bucks for both front and rear as to paying 50 just for a pair at an auto parts store.

I'm using ceramic but that's due to having drill and slotted rotors. If you have just solid blanks, you'd be fine running standard semi-metalic.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hawk HP+ I believe is what I put on my girl's car. They're nice, factory feel, better performance.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Hawk HP+ I believe is what I put on my girl's car. They're nice, factory feel, better performance.
HP+ are great, but they dust like no other. I run them as well, but some people don't like the dust.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i recently bought a set of Raybesto's, but I haven't put them on yet. Trying to wait until I get drilled slotted rotors..knock it out all at once

·
Registered
856 Posts
HP+ are great, but they dust like no other. I run them as well, but some people don't like the dust.
Funny you say that. The other day I was looking at her car and noticed that her wheels were dirtier than usual.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
hawk hps pads. not as much dust/noise as the H+ and i felt the braking improved significantly over oem pads

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
Ceramic pads seem to be the best route to go.

Apparently Honda's been using some sort of fiberglass in their Pads now which is why its so expensive. Take a close look at Honda Pads, and you'll see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the great recommendations. Just thought to close the loop on this. I ended up with the OEM pads because I got a pretty good deal ($55) from the local dealership and I had never had any problem with before. It took me ~90 minutes to replace them and that included a trip to the local auto store to get a piston reset tool!

Will be replacing my transmission fluid soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts