Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have had my car for about 2 months got like 5500 miles on it, the dam brakes r going out. i have to push the pedal down to the floor to stop. been like this for 2 days taking to the dealership tomorrow morning to get it looked at. anybody else have any problems like this.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
man i only have to press that hard when i'moing past 180km/h

Don't even drive it to the dealers, call acura roadside assitance (it's free and included with your car) and they will flatbed the car to the dealer of your choice.

They won't tow it,only flatbed the car according to acura rep on the phone they have strict instructions "the tsx and nsx can not be towed, and must only be transfered on a flatbed" lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my pedal is soft, i dont have to push unless i want to stop. today was the worst day of it being like this. thats how i noticed it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No problems like that and I've got almost 9K miles. Get it fixed right away

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like yous lost your brake fluid somewhere - could be a cut in a line. Open up the hood and take a look for a brake fluid cylindar - see if it looks low. Don't drive - this is a progressive condition, and likely by the time you get to your dealer you'll have to use the hand brake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've only had my car 2 months... so i don't have any issue with brake wear.... but I notice that my ABS engages when trying to stop over a rough surfaces. It seems a little sensitive. I don't think I was going that fast or braking that hard... but if I hit a few minor bumps while slowing down...the ABS kicks in. anyone else have that behavior?

G

·
I have several complaints about my new TSX after only three weeks but brakes is not one of those. I am quite impressed with them. I would stop driving around and get that checked right away. I sounds like you have a bad booster, or your disgruntled ex-girlfriend spread hi-temp bearing grease on all four of your brake disks. The brakes are pretty good though, right out of the box.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Actually Honda seemed to have improved 2005 TSX brake. This is what I heard from 04 owner who got the 05 loaner.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Brake pads have improved to remove the initial/cold squeak from application, however your problem sounds more like a severe problem instead of a common concern. If you haven't already let you dealership check out the problem, it's perhaps time you should

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
I hope "05TSX" is okay, he hasn't responded, hope he didn't try to drive it and crashed!! :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i took it to the dealership yesterday. my master clyinder went out on me. had to order but it is a special order, and it is ion back order. so i chillin in a rsx loaner car.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
close call man! good to see your alrite!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts