Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about cars, I have a tsx 07. Lately my brakes have been making a squeeking sound when I come to a stop. My brakes feel fine thoug, any idea what it is?

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
If they're not pulsating when you apply the brakes. Just needs pads probably.

AC Delco pads on Rock Auto can be had for ~ $35/front, $30/rear. Great pads. Don't throw brake dust on wheels. OEM quality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another thing is, when i'm coming down a hill and putting on the brakes it kinda shakes like a bumping sound a little bit but only coming down hill.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
rotors are warped...

most likely the front.

How many miles are on the brakes?

I just redid all my brakes on Sat. $240 for rotors and pads from RockAuto
-Centric premium rotors
-AC Delco pads

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure how many miles are on the brakes, I got the the car last April with about 44k on it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Squeaking most likely the squeakers on your brake pads telling you they are low on life. The shimming could be warped rotors or uneven pad material on the rotor. I would just do what cl9 Jon did and replace front rotors and pads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i'm probably looking at 350-370 total with maintenance charge from the auto repair? If only I could work on cars myself haha

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It really isn't hard at all. If you had some basic tools such as clamps, sockets, screw driver, and pb blaster and a friend who had done this before to show you how to do it on one side of the car, you could do it yourself on the otherside. You definitely save quite a bit of money doing this yourself.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
So i'm probably looking at 350-370 total with maintenance charge from the auto repair? If only I could work on cars myself haha
Eh... yea...I dunno what kind of shop you go to.

order those parts I told you and take them there though. If they order your parts you'll pay more for lower qlty components

It really isn't hard at all. If you had some basic tools such as clamps, sockets, screw driver, and pb blaster and a friend who had done this before to show you how to do it on one side of the car, you could do it yourself on the otherside. You definitely save quite a bit of money doing this yourself.
If he runs into issues, like I did this weekend, he's screwed... these cars are getting old now. Mine is an '06 with 63k mi.

I had one seized front caliper and one rear....

ended up changing all 4 calipers... so my $240 brake job became a $500 job... lots extra fun swapping calipers and bleeding brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts