Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmm..

just wondering, if I buy those brake line thing.. (dunno what it called exactly)
how well it will improve the braking systemm anyone know?

no money to buy x-drill stuffs :nervous:

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
Steel braided brake lines will help reduce the "sponge" feeling you get when you depress your brakes pretty hard. It won’t really help you stop any faster, but it will allow for better brake feel and better modulation (although with ABS you don’t need to modulate too much at the limit). You will be better off buying some better then stock brake pads and fluid. This will decrease stopping distances and will help eliminate brake fade.

I think you should get some hawk HPS pads (about 50-60 bucks per set of 2) and some Motul RBF600 DOT3 fluid (same fluid that goes in the Carrera GT!). This is the best street legal fluid that won’t eat your brake lines. It will NOT boil under hard use, unlike most stock fluids. This will eliminate the #1 cause of brake fade.

Of course the best way to decrease stopping distances is to change your tires. Your tire's traction is the ultimate factor is determining how fast your car will stop.
When your brakes lock up, that’s your tires reaching their traction limits. The stickier your tires, the harder you can brake without lock up. Your stock tires will NOT over power your stock brakes, so if you get down to it upgrading your tires is your best bet in any regard as far as improving stopping performance. On top of that it will greatly improve acceleration and cornering abilities.

Remember tires are the only part of your car that’s supposed to be touching the ground. That means that are the most important piece of equipment on your car. You CANT cheap out on tires. If you do, and you spend money on other "performance" parts, you are a serious poser.

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thx so much..
that is such a detailed post

thx again...

yea i am looking to upgrade my ties in the summer ^^;;

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
go for some Toyo Proxies T1-S or Falken RT615s. You cant go wrong.

put it on a light weigt rim. this also very important. If you can pend the cash some Volk racing rims will be best, if not maybe some Rotas or Heliums. Thosr are cheap good quality light weight rims. But you cant beat the pimpness and light weightness of the Vollks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
chocodai said:
hmmm..

just wondering, if I buy those brake line thing.. (dunno what it called exactly)
how well it will improve the braking systemm anyone know?

no money to buy x-drill stuffs :nervous:
Check out our FAQ section. There is a lot of info about brake upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts