Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I'm looking for a set of new Rotors and Brake Pads front & back, as a possible upgrade over the OEM brakes.

2 things:

1) My 16 inch Snow tires & rims MUST FIT

2) I have a budget of around $500 CANADIAN dollars.

(ugh... Stoptech kits can be had for $340USD, but the same kit is like $780CDN for us....)

Help from fellow Canadian TSX drivers much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
1) Changing rotors and pads won't affect fitment of rims. The brake caliper mount location doesn't change if you are going with OEM rotor sizing. BBK is where you have to start getting concerned. If your 16's fit now, changing out rotors shouldn't affect it.

2) What are your driving style/needs?

OEM or OEM-like is sufficient for the 99%er's. I would just get a premium blank rotor from any auto parts store and pair it up with EBC/Stoptech/Hawk pads. Change out the brake fluid while you're at it too.

Or any auto parts supplier online sells brake packages. Just read the reviews. Brakes are truly one of those "you get what you pay for" deals, and your life depends on brakes + tires packaging so I wouldn't cheap out.

If you have any friends or family on this side of the border, now is the time to pay them a visit and grab parts.

·
LITTLE GALAN
4 Posts
I bought a complete brake rotor and pads from centric in eBay about six or seven year for my 05 with no regrets on it. After the fact I have change pad once rotors were drill slot for cooler rotor and oem pads.

·
LITTLE GALAN
4 Posts
I bought a complete brake rotor and pads from centric in eBay about six or seven year for my 05 with no regrets on it. After the fact I have change pad once rotors were drill slot for cooler rotor and oem pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.