Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone (I'm new here). I recently mounted a set of TL Type-S wheels onto my 2004 TSX. I am looking to upgrade my entire brake system (pads, rotors, calipers, etc). What's a good set up that is "plug & play"? Also need the wheels to clear the set up as well. Trying to stay away from spacers, but will get them if need be.

·
Registered
322 Posts
fastbrakes has a rear kit that includes brackets to let you use a larger 12" rotor with the original caliper.

For the front they also make a bracket to use the RL 4 piston calipers and a larger 12-3/4" 350Z track package rotor.

There's companies that offer full kits with rebuilt TL-S brembo 4 piston calipers up front if you prefer to spend more to save time.

Fastbrakes has a wilwood 4P kit with 12.6" rotors for $900, but you know you want OEM honda parts like the RL or TL-S.

with the larger 4P front kits i would consider trying out larger master cylinders/boosters from cars like the RL and TL-S as well. i imagine the OEM TSX parts don't create enough pressure to fully activate the full clamping power of a 4P caliper.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very good information above ! I hear there are also some brake master cylinders that honda makes with larger bore than the others, not sure but see if the TL or TL type s has that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts