Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting new brakes and rotors for my TSX since my current rotors are now warped.

I'm looking for rotors that don't warp fast or rust a lot because it seems like a lot of them do...

and for brakes, good stopping power with lower amounts of dust if possible.

I run 18x8.5 offset 30 in the summer and 17"s in the winter

any suggestions on what I should be looking at getting?

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
Look into r1 concept. I just bought their rotors for less than $200 for all four. You can also purchase pads from them too. I havnt yet installed them yet. waiting on my brake lines to come in but ive heard so far they are good for your $$$. you can also read the reviews that people posted on them.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
^ sorry to jack the thread but thanks for the info dookie haha I need to replace my brakes soon and theres no way I'm going back to OEM so finding a good deal for aftermarket brakes.

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
I bought the package from HeelToe that includes racing brake front and rear slotted rotors, and et300 brake pads, and stainless lines. ran about $600 total. Installed today, and it's a night/day difference. Was nice to just get the whole bundle in one hit from Marcus.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I was running r1 concept rotors and they are good quality.... good bite and worth it if you want to upgrade... if your interested id be willing to sell them.. they are cross & drilled front and back and will throw ebc green pads ...? Rotorr have a lot of life being that I barely drove the car...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After some research, I am thinking of going with R1 Concepts Eline Cross-Drilled & Slotted front and rear with EBC Red Stuff. Would you guys have any suggestions on where to get these shipped to Canada?

R1 concepts or brembos?

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
After some research, I am thinking of going with R1 Concepts Eline Cross-Drilled & Slotted front and rear with EBC Red Stuff. Would you guys have any suggestions on where to get these shipped to Canada?

R1 concepts or brembos?
you can actually call r1 and ask them about shipping. they should have good customer service and help you out with it.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I got a full set of brakes from Brakemotive (eBay seller). They're excellent.

btw, you won't find a low-rusting rotor. Rotors are cast iron, and cast iron rusts like crazy. They do (often) come coated (painted) or zinc plated, but those just delay the inevitable.

For pads, get ceramic. That's a low-dust, high-performance pad compared to semi-metallic (high dust, high-performance, but often loud/squeal as well).

I got drilled/slotted front, and blank rear rotors -- I had drilled/slotted rears as well but was having a problem with concentric rings of rust appearing mid-rotor, and once I swapped back to blanks it was fixed.

I've also heard GREAT things about R1 Concepts too, so you can't go wrong with either one. Of course, Racing Brake from Marcus (HeelToe) is a kickass option but more expensive. You're paying for a bit more quality control and a better customer service experience, however... definitely worth it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts