Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird thing happened today, i was driving and i thought to myself ....know what, i think ima slam on my brakes to test em....i looked around....all clear so i slammed down on em going about 40mph, it was all good til i reached the floor with the pedal, this grinding noise scared the bejesus outta me, like the brake shoes were gringing into the disc....anyone have this problem? oh yeah my car has about 2k miles on it

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
under very hard braking, just slamming on my brakes with full force, i expereince this too. Had a couple close calls. I warped my rotors from that, and now i need new brakes. First time i experienced the grinding noise was at about 5k miles. I now have 10k miles and have an appointment for monday at acura to replace my rotors and brakes.

N

·
0 Posts
Abs

Sounds like you engaged the ABS. It's pretty rough feeling when you do. You just have to get used to it. By the way, don't do it if you don't have to because it can warp your rotors. If you do that again, just make sure you don't stop, keep the car rolling to let the heat disspate evenly. If you stay put after a really hard stop, the pads are really hot and sitting on one section of the disk that can warp them. Good luck.

·
acura-paint-it-red
2 Posts
same thing happens to me as well. Specially while going from a highway onto an exit, the brakes really start doing a dug-a-dug-a-dug.... sound.
is it ABS everytime?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Yes, happens most often when you are braking over uneven surface (i.e. going over man-hole, or up a driveway ramp). The TSX's ABS system, I find, is more sensitive than others.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i don't hear grinding when the ABS kicks in. but i feel the vibration/bumps that you all feel. may want to check your pads/rotors just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts