Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a problem per se. However I'm just wondering if its normal for brake pads to creak when at a full stop and lightly letting go of the brake pedal?

I only hear it when I'm creeping up and still using the brakes. Is it just the pads being grippy? I do not hear this, or any noise, under normal braking from any speed, just when I'm fully stopped and creeping up. Also my pads are fairly new, just 2 months old, StopTech street performance or whatever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are they creaking or squeaking? It could be you didn't use brake grease in the proper areas or they're just settling. I've done brakes before and they still squeak after lubing everything.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I'm assuming you have an auto? Mine does this whenever i'm at a full stop with the car in gear, and I slightly release the brake pedal to the point where the car wants to move but the brakes are still ever so slightly holding it back. My old car and many other cars i've driven did the same thing so i'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about. Like you said, no abnormal noise under normal braking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm assuming you have an auto? Mine does this whenever i'm at a full stop with the car in gear, and I slightly release the brake pedal to the point where the car wants to move but the brakes are still ever so slightly holding it back. My old car and many other cars i've driven did the same thing so i'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about. Like you said, no abnormal noise under normal braking.
Exactly what I'm trying to describe! Good, that there's nothing wrong. I figured as much but I had to be sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.