Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks/feels like my brakes are warped already. I only have 13,000+ miles on my ride. I remember seeing something about this in the past. How many of y'all have had this happen already?

I'm thinking of just getting new (better) rotors, brake pads and brake fluid. This would also help reduce or eliminate the brake fade I experience from our OEM brakes during spirited driving i.e. running around in the mountains. I just need to come up with some $300+ to make it happen. :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jcg878 said:
Happened to me - POS brakes on our car :(
Yeah, I agree.

OMG, that's 3 times we have agreed! LOL :)

·
Who wishes he had a 6MT
34 Posts
HondaMan said:
Well, it looks/feels like my brakes are warped already. I only have 13,000+ miles on my ride. I remember seeing something about this in the past. How many of y'all have had this happen already?

I'm thinking of just getting new (better) rotors, brake pads and brake fluid. This would also help reduce or eliminate the brake fade I experience from our OEM brakes during spirited driving i.e. running around in the mountains. I just need to come up with some $300+ to make it happen. :(

Feels like my brakes are wraped as well at 22k miles. Guess upgrading would be good idea...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nicky said:
Can you explain how they feel when they're 'warped'?
Yeah, you feel your brake pedal and/or car pulsating when you apply your brakes.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what should I do?

:banghead:

Well, do y'all think I should tell Acura to replace my OEM rotors and hope for the best or just bite the bullet and get some Power Slot rotors & high performance pads to go with them < http://www.powerslot.com/ >?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I'm probably going to go aftermarket soon... Mine have been squealing the first few seconds when I brake... Took it to a dealership this past Tuesday and they found nothing wrong with them... Have been replaced once :mad:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jcg878 said:
So, you are saying screw the OEM setup and go with an upgraded brake setup...right? :)

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Yeah...I say get the upgrade. Sport Compact Car magazine just did an article on one of their project cars in their latest issue which happens to be a TSX. They upgraded to one of the Brembo kits. I'm not sure how pricey they are but it's a thought. My TSX warped it's rotors at 7K miles. The dealer replaced the front rotors and pads under warranty. It's just not our TSX's either...a friend of mine has a CL Type S and his front rotors and pads have been replaced 3 times under warranty!!!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
HondaMan said:
So, you are saying screw the OEM setup and go with an upgraded brake setup...right? :)
well... I would see if they continue to replace under warranty, and upgrade when they don't. That's my plan.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jcg878 said:
well... I would see if they continue to replace under warranty, and upgrade when they don't. That's my plan.
Yeah, I think I'll save myself some $$$ and do that. Thanks! :spin:

·
Padawan
93 Posts
do you guys brake really hard at every stop light? i haven't had a problem but I am upgrading it anyway...
It is because the traction control uses a lot brakes while we are driving?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aerozeta said:
do you guys brake really hard at every stop light? i haven't had a problem but I am upgrading it anyway...
It is because the traction control uses a lot brakes while we are driving?
No sudden stop braking here. The OEM brakes more or less suck...Honda is not known for excellent brakes I'm afraid. I'm going to take my car in for service & new OEM brakes next week.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts