Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I bought my brand new 2012 TSX Sport Wagon from dealership this weekend, its black color (looks great as long as it is minty clean).
I've so far seen two options to chip guard my car

1 - Clear bra install
2 - Simoniz car

I'm having hard time trying to find someone who is local in Upstate NY and certified for doing 3M clear bra install.

Dealer provided me with quote of $542 for Paint Protection package that will simonize car and guarantees new car look for as long as I own the car.

What do you people here think about this two options ? Anything else I need to take care of ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have you looked at getting Opti Coat put on instead? Won't be as effective as a clear bra for chip protection but it's (by all accounts) a very durable coating that will last for 3-5 years and removes the need to wax/polish your paint.

I was quoted $349 out in my neck of the woods. Would have done it but I think I'll be selling my TSX in the next year or two.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input, what is Opti Coat and how it helps against chip guarding ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Opti Coat 2.0 / Opti-Coat Pro - It's a ceramic clear coat that acts as an ultra hard clear coat. They claim it's lifetime but I hear it's more like 3-5 years of regular use (wash, outdoors etc). It's extremely slick, I'm told most waxes have trouble sticking to it. The professional detailers on Autogeek seem to really love it.

For chip protection - it's no clear bra but I would think the hardness will yield a fair bit of protection while also eliminating the need to polish or wax the paint for 3-5 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.