Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys. It is me again. I have racked up 600 miles in the TSX in 7 days. What a joy!!

I have heard in another forum, that once you pass 600 miles, you should gradually increase the RPM for your shift points. For example, from 600 to 800 miles, I should start shifting at 4000 RPM. And then from 800 to 1000 miles I should increase to 5000 RPM.

I have the automatic transmission. I was thinking of following the above advice by using the manual feature of the transmission. I think that manual feature is one of the nicest parts about the car. A stick shift car without the clutch! And so much more control of the car.

Give me some input guys on whether to follow the above advice.

Thanks.

Carlos

PS: By the way, I had a friend ride in my car the other day. This guy had previously test driven the car at a dealership during the daytime. He had virtually written off the TSX among the cars he was interested in. He said he was not impressed.

This guy has now done a complete 180 after getting a ride in my car during the nighttime. I don't know what is up but they were virtually the same cars. 2005 TSXs with Navi. I think that nighttime instrument panel lit up in all its glory and that stereo blasting XM radio tunes throughout the cool, clear night has definitely swayed him back towards the TSX again. Feels good to extol the virtues of the TSX. :)

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
COngrats man...... I am almost thorugh with the break in period too..... onli 50km to go~
Then..... i can finally rev up to 7k rpm!!!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
COngrats man...... I am almost thorugh with the break in period too..... onli 50km to go~
Then..... i can finally rev up to 7k rpm!!!
im sure the RS Meet will clock in the 50 for ya :rollsmile

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I know....I am so [email protected]!!....ALl broken in....
But i was disappointed..... I floor the car... redlined it... and it didn't feel that fast...
Well....I DID sat in a S2k before driving my car......so....LOL~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts