Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' guys and girls,

i was talking to my guy (who had been responsible for all my maintenances and mods for the last humm...5 yrs) and i asked him to get a quote on tinting my windows, so he asked me when do i want to get them done, well i said probably after 3000km, b/c i don't want nobody "reving" my bb during my break in period (i always thought the break in period is 3000km)...so, i asked him...what do u think is the best break in period and he told me to check the owners' manual b/c they are diff. for each manufacturers and he also asked me to come for a oil change @ 5000km and he will break in my ride for me on the highway, well, i remind him that i do alot of highway driving but he said there is a special way??!!! i was like 'WHAT!' (well, i didn't say it out loud). anyhow, i was just checking my owner's manual and it said 1000km would be okay for break-in period...so, i just what to get everyone's opinion on the break-in period...b/c if 1000km is enough...i am going to test out my bb on my way home.... :)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
good morning honey~

hmm.... some people say 3000....
but 1000km is enough. actually 500-800 is ok, but I treated it well until 1000. Then put synthetic at 3000.

If you want safe... 1500 lor. only takes you 2 or 3 days :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
600 miles for me :D

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SAZABI said:
good morning honey~

hmm.... some people say 3000....
but 1000km is enough. actually 500-800 is ok, but I treated it well until 1000. Then put synthetic at 3000.

If you want safe... 1500 lor. only takes you 2 or 3 days :)
:deezo: ...

i am actually @ 27XX now...maybe i will wait until 3000, only another 2 days...

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SAZABI said:
lol, then whats the worry???
geez... already 2700? You will catch me very soon, I am almost 17000 now.
is so tempting to step on it but...don't want to regret it in later days when problems started to arise...

yes, 27XX already...poor bb!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Zigen said:
wei! so did the light come up yesterday?
no la... it won't come on at night when the weather is cold....
I think I am just gonna drive normal and not care about the light. If it comes on, then say hi to dealer...

a stupid baby, but I love it. (err... that sounds like a gf?)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Zigen said:
is so tempting to step on it but...don't want to regret it in later days when problems started to arise...

yes, 27XX already...poor bb!
Don't!!! it is against the law here if you abuse your baby...

well... it is ok now... 2700+

planning to switch to synthetic oil?

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SAZABI said:
Don't!!! it is against the law here if you abuse your baby...

well... it is ok now... 2700+

planning to switch to synthetic oil?
:) ...

yes i do plan to switch to synthetic...i didn't with my old ride...maybe @ 5000km oil change

·
yes, i am a bitch
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SAZABI said:
no la... it won't come on at night when the weather is cold....
I think I am just gonna drive normal and not care about the light. If it comes on, then say hi to dealer...

a stupid baby, but I love it. (err... that sounds like a gf?)
but it was sunny in the afternoon wo!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Zigen said:

yes i do plan to switch to synthetic...i didn't with my old ride...maybe @ 5000km oil change
which one u gonna use? I am using mobil 1, I may try Shell later.

Mobil 1 -- good, smooth, but engine so hot for some reason
Castrol -- engine not as hot, but thicker than mobil 1 ==> not as smooth.

just want I feel about these 2.... Spoon_TSX has used motul... let's wait for his comment.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Zigen said:
Mornin' guys and girls,

i was talking to my guy (who had been responsible for all my maintenances and mods for the last humm...5 yrs) and i asked him to get a quote on tinting my windows, so he asked me when do i want to get them done, well i said probably after 3000km, b/c i don't want nobody "reving" my bb during my break in period (i always thought the break in period is 3000km)...so, i asked him...what do u think is the best break in period and he told me to check the owners' manual b/c they are diff. for each manufacturers and he also asked me to come for a oil change @ 5000km and he will break in my ride for me on the highway, well, i remind him that i do alot of highway driving but he said there is a special way??!!! i was like 'WHAT!' (well, i didn't say it out loud). anyhow, i was just checking my owner's manual and it said 1000km would be okay for break-in period...so, i just what to get everyone's opinion on the break-in period...b/c if 1000km is enough...i am going to test out my bb on my way home.... :)

Too bad.... your guys does really know what he is doing here.... poor you. I would suggest you find another guy do it for.

Okay, he is what I learn from Acura Performance Experience. A Technical from Honda Canada tell me that the break-in period is:

K-Series Engine or (Any modern honda engine): 1500KM
Break with ABS: 500KM
Break without ABS: 300KM
OEM Tires: 500KM
Speaker: 24 hours.

The proper way to break in your ENGINE just like how you warm yourself up before you go for work out! You should SLOWLY bring the performance up. Which means, you can or you need sometimes hit vtec in order to let the engine do some work out.

PLUS, VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT REPLACE YOU ENGINE OIL DURING BREAK IN PERIOD, or your engine will not break in properly.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Zigen said:

Beware of what kind of Synthetic you are going to use on your engine.

K series for some reason DO DRAIN SYNTHETIC ENGINE OIL for some reason.

I learnt it from my ex-RSX.

·
Registered
708 Posts
SAZABI said:
which one u gonna use? I am using mobil 1, I may try Shell later.

Mobil 1 -- good, smooth, but engine so hot for some reason
Castrol -- engine not as hot, but thicker than mobil 1 ==> not as smooth.

just want I feel about these 2.... Spoon_TSX has used motul... let's wait for his comment.
BOYZ and GIRLZ. read my lips

MOOOOOOOTUUUUUUUUUL.

I tried Mobil 1, OEM, Castrol, Motul 300V and Motul 8100 on my previous K series engine. Here is what I found:

OEM: Good for cruzing and money saving
Castrol: Just same as OEM.
Mobil #1: Good for first tank of gas, then the performance will decrease MUCH faster then you blood pressure. (IMO, it is just a WASTE OF MONEY)
Motul 8100: Replacement of Mobil #1, if you want a smooth engine but long lasting oil level.
Motul 300V: What can I say? What should I said! It make SCREAMMMMMM when I first put it into my RSX. It is totally designed for high rev engine, YES. it is pricey but it worth every single PENNY.

Conclusion: If you changing your engine oil is because you want to kick the hell of the performance out of your engine, go Motul.
But if you changung your engine oil is because you just want something give you the best mileage, stay with OEM.'

This is jsut my $0.02, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. PEACE!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts