Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the air filter today and two of the four bolts, actually the
plastic around them, broke. I also put new spark plugs, so I took a drive to see if I could notice any difference. I think it's a bit louder due to the filter case not sealing perfectly. Has anyone had this issue? Should I hit up a junk yard, or just get a CAI?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is there a gap in the intake box where the filter is because you broke the plastic? If I were you I would tape it up as a temporary fix until you can get a new cover or something. Wouldn't want any debris going into the engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bolts didn't break, just eh plastic that holds the metal the bolts sfcrew into on the bottom side. Hard to take a picture because it's down low and tucked between things. I'll see if i can get a shot today.

how much would a decent CAI run? something that doesn't make it too loud.

·
未来へと
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
basically whats happens is the nuts are set into the plastic of the base part of the air box then the screws from the lid screw into them.

but like what happened to me is if the plastic gets brittle and or you do it up to tight the nut starts to twist and cracks the plastic around them.

it doesn’t really crack the air box but you can no longer tighten the lid down properly :squint:

thats what you mean isnt it mtbnole ? :)

just get a k&n :) or make one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you got it Kano.

how do i make one?? that sounds like a bad idea, but i bet there is a how to. oh wait! it;'s in your signature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.