Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently in my past posts on my Progress thread, I noticed that I had a broken front driver side sway bar endlink. I noticed it when I was adjusting the height of my coilovers one day and saw that the endlink was broken in two at the end.

Which made a lot of sense because before I started to complain of how soft the front end of the car felt when taking a "Spirited Turn".

So today I received my new driver side endlink and had a chance to install it (30 Mins) and take a few pictures.

Pictures:

"Broken Driver Side Endlink"

You can see that it is broken at the end, which makes a lot of sense because the gray part ... is made out of plastic :thumbsdow

"New Driver Side Endlink"

"Side by Side"

Signs & Symptoms:

The only thing I noticed was that the front definitely felt a lot softer, and I did not hear any clunking or any noise coming from the front. So actually I would have never noticed if I didnt see it when changing the height of my coils.

I called a fellow TSX Member "Black Ninja" who has about 220k+ Miles on his TSX and asked if this has happened to him. Unfortunately he said no at the front but he did say it happened to him in the rear sway bar endlink on one side.

I asked him how did you know it was broken. He said that it was making a loud clunking noise when he would drive or go over bumps, so one day he took a look at it and noticed it was broken.

So there you have it, just wanted to let you TSX guys know. If you feel your suspension feels a little soft or you hear a "clunking" noise check out your sway bar end links.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Great Write-up mayuga!! Where did you get your endlink and what was the cost? And jw why you didn't get an aftermarket one as well? Like moog if they make an aftermarket fsb endlink. Just curious just incase this happens to me :)

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
i had to burn off my rsb links to install my progress rsb ... and i opted for moog as it is adjustable and pretty easy to remove after, also the bushings won't crack and degrade, and the lifetime warranty. i get the parts for cost, so it was the exact same cost as getting the acura oem ones. great write up and heads up!

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Write-up mayuga!! Where did you get your endlink and what was the cost? And jw why you didn't get an aftermarket one as well? Like moog if they make an aftermarket fsb endlink. Just curious just incase this happens to me :)
Much appreciated man.

Well the reason I didnt go w/ the Moog Front Endlinks was because I noticed that you have to inject grease in them, and I didnt want it to end up looking like this:

This picture is from Marcus @ Heeltoe's write up about his fastline performance RSB endlinks compared to Moog rear endlinks.

I just didnt want to go w/ the hassle of greasing them and it getting all clogged up looking all nasty.

I did search for other aftermarket FSB endlinks but none that really caught my eye, and anyways it prly broke just from the high mileage on my car. Its not something you see happen too often to the TSX community. So I did not mind going back w/ OEM Honda/Acura again.

I bought it from Acura OEM Parts, and the endlink cost about 44$ to replace, and I installed it myself to save on some labor.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had to burn off my rsb links to install my progress rsb ... and i opted for moog as it is adjustable and pretty easy to remove after, also the bushings won't crack and degrade, and the lifetime warranty. i get the parts for cost, so it was the exact same cost as getting the acura oem ones. great write up and heads up!
Nice :thumbsup:

·
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you able to fit an impact gun for installing FSB endlinks?
To your question, no you will not be able to fit a impact gun maybe a impact wrench. But I was able to remove it by hand, so you should be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts