Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Pearl white 05 TSX with 6sp Navi from Brookfield Acura in Wisconsin. God I love this car. I worked with Mike Brumfeld and another service rep Mason. These guys were great, low key, and friendly. They made the whole experience enjoyable. As a doctor of clinical psychology I can tell you I see through these other car salesmen as they try to sell me snake oil and hide hidden fees. All it does it put me on the defensive. But these guys were just letting the vehicle sell itself without being pushy. In addition to a solid offer of 1,200 below MSRP they threw in the wheel locks ($75), waived the documentation fee ($89) and even had flowers waiting on the car when I came to pick it up (Gave them to my wife, she didn't care where they were from :wiggle: ) Anyhow, nice service department, clean, and with good munchies. The general manager was even outside in 24 degree weather scraping ice and snow off of a customer's car in his suit and tie. Now thats service. A+++

Rob
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
PsyDoc said:
I just picked up my Pearl white 05 TSX with 6sp Navi from Brookfield Acura in Wisconsin. God I love this car. I worked with Mike Brumfeld and another service rep Mason. These guys were great, low key, and friendly. They made the whole experience enjoyable. As a doctor of clinical psychology I can tell you I see through these other car salesmen as they try to sell me snake oil and hide hidden fees. All it does it put me on the defensive. But these guys were just letting the vehicle sell itself without being pushy. In addition to a solid offer of 1,200 below MSRP they threw in the wheel locks ($75), waived the documentation fee ($89) and even had flowers waiting on the car when I came to pick it up (Gave them to my wife, she didn't care where they were from :wiggle: ) Anyhow, nice service department, clean, and with good munchies. The general manager was even outside in 24 degree weather scraping ice and snow off of a customer's car in his suit and tie. Now thats service. A+++

Rob
congratulations...pretty good deal - esp the flowers :flower:
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
:woot: congratulations doc !

hey doc you got some sample happy pills :naughty:
 

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys- :thumbsup: After hearing about all of your warranty woes, pocket killer, I feel little nervous about my purchase. I hope your car problems are solved. I am coming from a 2000 honda civic si and I had a continuous problem with my clutch pedal that was never fixed. I kinda hoped to not have any clutch problems (let alone seat problems) with a car that cost $12,000 more. Good luck with all of that and keep us posted.

Oh and let me know if you need any of those happy pills ;)
 

·
would you be my neighbor?
Joined
·
243 Posts
lol...

thats where i got my car....

they treated me great too :ben:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Am I the only one who wondered about that Brookfield thing when he saw this thread? :nervous:

(Terrible incident the other day.)
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Thanks guys- :thumbsup: After hearing about all of your warranty woes, pocket killer, I feel little nervous about my purchase. I hope your car problems are solved. I am coming from a 2000 honda civic si and I had a continuous problem with my clutch pedal that was never fixed. I kinda hoped to not have any clutch problems (let alone seat problems) with a car that cost $12,000 more. Good luck with all of that and keep us posted.

Oh and let me know if you need any of those happy pills ;)
Generally Acura has been willing to look at and/or fix everything that has gone wrong in my TSX. The only thing I heard some others complain about was a bad clutch...and their dealership refusing to replace it. We'll see how that turns out. Some of my problems have been fixed, others remain. Next month I will have my broken power outlets fixed, and ask them if they can do anything for my seat...this will be a trip to a different dealer.
 

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mike...Who sold you your car. Mike Blumfeld sold me mine. Nice guy....Laid back. Larchmont....What was confusing about the Brookfield titel? Just curious what happened the other day? :(
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
PsyDoc said:
......What was confusing about the Brookfield titel? Just curious what happened the other day? :(
I didn't mean that anything was confusing, just that the town was in the news, big time.

I can't believe you haven't heard about it -- it's been big news all over the country!
A guy at a church retreat went off and shot a bunch of people -- killed 7 plus himself.
 

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, don't get out of the hospital often. :loser:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Sorry, don't get out of the hospital often. :loser:
Yeah..... :D

But I would have thought this would be water cooler conversation and lunchroom conversation and (I guess) nurses' station conversation.....

It was one hell of a mess.
 

·
would you be my neighbor?
Joined
·
243 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Hey Mike...Who sold you your car. Mike Blumfeld sold me mine. Nice guy....Laid back. Larchmont....What was confusing about the Brookfield titel? Just curious what happened the other day? :(
it was a lady... hmm.. what was her name... shit... im drawing a blank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Sorry for bringing this old post up, but I as well picked up my tsx from the same dealership and have had a great experience there. There service department seems top notch. They replaced my battery and are going to be replaceing my drivers side seat cover that has developed a crack in the leather next week. Also my car has the VTEC rattle and I am happy to see that this dealership has found the fix for it. I will bring it up when I take the car in to have the seat cover repaired.

-Scott
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top