Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello tsx community. Don’t know how many people would read this but it’s a great way to keep track of progression with this car. I have a 88 ef hatch, 95 Tacoma, and 04 TSX. The hatch was aspired to be built for track and was the only car I had at the time. 2 years ago I was in the market for an Acura mostly rsx in mind. until I met Tony Jackson while I was spectating at one event when he had his silver tsx, took me for a ride (CCW13). Needless to say I had purchased the first clean 6MT TSX I could find. I was hooked on that car but never wanted to modify. Here we are now 2 years later I’ve gotten bored of the car. Took it to buttonwillow fully stock (With just reflash and cold air intake). Fell in love with driving events especially in this car. The plans for it is to have a street appeal car that I can take out to the track whenever I want. I will list pictures of the car from when I purchased it as well as further modifications.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

this is the first photo I have of the car.

of course intake was the first mod as well as Hondata reflash.

just before heading to the track I had R compound in Whittier, mount some fk510 225s and I also got TL type S front compliance bushings.

before second track day mounted some 17x9 +45 RPF1s. Feels nice especially with bigger tire (not the most favorable federals that came on wheels with 75% life). Also experienced lots of roll and the car feeling all around sloppy.

Function and form type 2. Bang for my buck at the moment but I have no issues so far . YES I NEED BRAKES!

plans as of now is install front and rear camber arms, rotors and pads in the rear. Steel braided brake lines and alignment before buttonwillow with clubracer events December 13th.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is the seat in terms of comfort compared to the stock one?
The seat fits me like a glove not sure what size it is but definitely one of the more comfortable buckets I’ve sat in. it’s quite low for me being 5’6. I have it on a PCI bottom mount due to the recliner mechanism. Therefore I can’t do harnesses because there’s no side loops or crotch loop. It’s a great replacement and fixes back posture better than stock. IMO

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell yeah, Bryce! Stoked to see progress with the TSX. I'll be out at Buttonwillow on the 13th too.
Appreciate the support and all the advice you’ve been giving! If you haven’t gotten one yet We should go half’s on a garage!

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
105 Posts
Also just noticed you have the same wheel size as me. What size tire are you running? looks taller than mine. I run 245/40r17

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also just noticed you have the same wheel size as me. What size tire are you running? looks taller than mine. I run 245/40r17
These tires are 245/40 17. these work for what came on the wheels when I bought them. Never purchasing these ever new. I am not a fan of these tires, they are federal SS595. Probably $50 a tire at Walmart. Haha. Also these are noisy, sounds like mud boggers on a lifted truck. Sketches me out a bit.

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
105 Posts
These tires are 245/40 17. these work for what came on the wheels when I bought them. Never purchasing these ever new. I am not a fan of these tires, they are federal SS595. Probably $50 a tire at Walmart. Haha. Also these are noisy, sounds like mud boggers on a lifted truck. Sketches me out a bit.
ahh, yeah I have run PS4S's before and they were good, but rn I got Indy500's and I love em. They don't last the super longest but they do have tons of grip for the price. Can't beat them

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
next tires I would like are rt615k or re71r.
Also little update: Megan front camber arms and Godspeed rear camber arms (spherical). On the way. Definitely affordable combo.
I am experiencing wheel shake under acceleration at all gears. Definitely thinking it’s axles and I don’t what them taking a sh!t on me at buttonwillow or even on the way. So that’s next on the list.

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
105 Posts
next tires I would like are rt615k or re71r.
Also little update: Megan front camber arms and Godspeed rear camber arms (spherical). On the way. Definitely affordable combo.
I am experiencing wheel shake under acceleration at all gears. Definitely thinking it’s axles and I don’t what them taking a sh!t on me at buttonwillow or even on the way. So that’s next on the list.
I have not felt any shaking under accel. Hmm. Maybe just some bushings or balljoints are bad that could cause some bad vibes in the front end. Also the rt615k's are amazing. I used them on my old wheels and loved them. The stock axles on the TSX are crazy strong for what they are so unless you got like over 200k I can't see how they are bad. I have heard of people saying that the TSX shakes in the front on some peoples cars, saddly I can't help with that.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have not felt any shaking under accel. Hmm. Maybe just some bushings or balljoints are bad that could cause some bad vibes in the front end. Also the rt615k's are amazing. I used them on my old wheels and loved them. The stock axles on the TSX are crazy strong for what they are so unless you got like over 200k I can't see how they are bad. I have heard of people saying that the TSX shakes in the front on some peoples cars, saddly I can't help with that.
ahh, yeah I have run PS4S's before and they were good, but rn I got Indy500's and I love em. They don't last the super longest but they do have tons of grip for the price. Can't beat them
It never was like that when I first had the car and drove it nearly everyday for 2 years. I thought it was front compliance bushing that’s why I went with the TL-S. As the existing ones were shot. After I installed brakes and coilovers it was alittle better but still highly uncomfortable and very noticeable at the track.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It never was like that when I first had the car and drove it nearly everyday for 2 years. I thought it was front compliance bushing that’s why I went with the TL-S. As the existing ones were shot. After I installed brakes and coilovers it was alittle better but still highly uncomfortable and very noticeable at the track.
Not sure what else to rule out. I am quite inexperienced with cars and the diagnosis steps.

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
105 Posts
Not sure what else to rule out. I am quite inexperienced with cars and the diagnosis steps.
That is weird.. hmm. Do some research on the forms and stuff, I have seen some people complain about shaking from the front end under accel. I have not found that problem with my car and I have driven as a daily for over 3 years. Maybe it's a manual trans issue. Tho I think I have seen people with auto's say something about the vibes soo Idk maybe just luck of the draw with some sort of part. Is the clutch stock? Maybe it's chattering

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

trying to get these on this weekend if I have the time around. Megan front upper, Godspeed rear(spherical). Affordable combo!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i came across your post of the camber arms and rear arms on my IG explore feed the other day i think? i'll be following along as i have a 6 speed '04 i recently picked up and will slowly be trying to get ready for some track days.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i came across your post of the camber arms and rear arms on my IG explore feed the other day i think? i'll be following along as i have a 6 speed '04 i recently picked up and will slowly be trying to get ready for some track days.
Wow nice!I got them at coilover depot came only in a few days. track it stock so you could feel the cars difference in modifications. Thanks for following along by the way. I have some new stuff going in this weekend I haven’t posted yet so stay tuned! By any means I am no one to get track advice from I am still learning myself as I go along with the build. A great build thread I recommend Tony’s (@tr3flip) . That’s where I go to get good ideas.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

Took my tsx over to race prep garage (@tr3flip) To get some of Tony’s replacement knuckles with refreshed extended studs, bearings and ball joints. As well as the eibach 15mm spacer.: while it was there he threw on my camber kits. Still need some brake lines!. The wheel shake is gone surprisingly. Assuming it was the axles I had. Popped them out for a replacement but they seem to be in good condition,resetting them may have resolved the issue.Rear camber arms were making noise at first until after driving roughly an hour home they were quiet. I will be back for some other goodies he has to offer for TSX in the near future. Little by little things are getting crossed off the list. Maybe an under Car cleaning lol. For now alignment, rear brakes, change fluids. Should be ready for buttonwillow shakedown!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts