Acura TSX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
any particular reason you went for StopTech sport slotted rotors? They offer anything over the competition? I really wanted the stoptech aero 2 piece rotors but couldn't find them anywhere despite a press release a few years back saying they were making them for the CL9.

·
Registered
414 Posts
any particular reason you went for StopTech sport slotted rotors? They offer anything over the competition? I really wanted the stoptech aero 2 piece rotors but couldn't find them anywhere despite a press release a few years back saying they were making them for the CL9.
I run the same StopTech rotors and I think they're a great bang for the buck rotor. I've ran cheaper rotors with race pads in the past and found the rotors never lasted as long as the pads. The StopTech rotors have never let me down.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I run the same StopTech rotors and I think they're a great bang for the buck rotor. I've ran cheaper rotors with race pads in the past and found the rotors never lasted as long as the pads. The StopTech rotors have never let me down.
[/QUOT
so I haven’t been on here since my last post. I recently ran Buttonwillow with the brake platform @tr3flip recommended and slapped on for me. it’s definitely surprising what these pads could do. I wouldn’t recommend anything else for an entry level driver like myself. Pads really can hold a lot of heat without loosing pressure. Great for learning confidence on braking later or when to brake at all. As far as the rotors go, I don’t need anything else than what I’ve got on now. No issues or complaints.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
so I haven’t been on here since my last post. I recently ran Buttonwillow with the brake platform @tr3flip recommended and slapped on for me. it’s definitely surprising what these pads could do. I wouldn’t recommend anything else for an entry level driver like myself. Seriously feels like a bbk. I couldn’t imagine not having abs. Pads really can hold a lot of heat without loosing pressure. Great for learning confidence on braking later or when to brake at all. As far as the rotors go, I don’t need anything else than what I’ve got on now. No issues or complaints.

·
Registered
2004 TSX 6-spd Stock
12 Posts
Awesome bud so far, I have a stock 04 also, that I plan on doing daily/track...
I'm in socal also

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I did a chuckwalla valley raceway with clubracer events on Sunday 3/7. CR-1s did great... trying out a new track was awesome as well. I had left knowing the time was decent lacking is power and an lsd... but there’s no time to sit around and wait for “go fast” parts. I’ve got some more seat time in a few weeks at Buttonwillow.

Without much to do besides a clutch and alignment. I decided to delete the carpet, and remove sound deadening..
Took about 35 pounds of dry ice to get the bulk.
then used a toothbrush and plastic scraper to get the residue. There still is more work with the tedious stuff but for me it’s good right now.
I also took out the recliner Bride. Put in a buddy club P1 limited edition. Which locks me in much better.

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Finally got my hands on a Euro r ASP3 transmission ...

old one out and new one in

im Already feeling the difference on the street. Going to test this out on Friday 3/26 Buttonwillow 13CW

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Wow this trans puts in some good work! Right off the bat. With the monosports stiffer rates I was able to confidently scoot around Buttonwillow as I haven’t before. I was able to knock out my PB by 7 seconds!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Does the ASP3 trans have the extra trans mount like the USDM one or did you have to mod it? I'm debating on getting a JDM trans vs. putting an LSD in my OE one.
The casings have the same mounting points. The USDM trans casing is made from magnesium which is lighter but also wears faster. The JDM ASP3 trans uses an aluminum casing which is stronger and lasts longer than the magnesium counter part. If you can find an ASP3 trans, get it!

·
Registered
Instagram- @bryceef9
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Does the ASP3 trans have the extra trans mount like the USDM one or did you have to mod it? I'm debating on getting a JDM trans vs. putting an LSD in my OE one.
I would just find an asp3 if that’s possible for you. They are not easy to come by itself I know HMO has complete swaps all day but that’s twice the price and was not in the market for k20. it took months for me to find my trans. I was debating on building an aluminum case from 03-07 accord k24 5mt and use 6 speed from type S or any k series inside. As @tr3flip mentioned, the magnesium casing should be yanked out for an aluminum one.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts