Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be head gasket, right? If I stop every hour or so of driving and use a turkey baster to transfer coolant from the overflow tank back into the radiator, I can drive all day. No coolant leaks into the combustion chambers or oil. It holds pressure in the radiator all night with no leak down. I have bled the system several times.
Looking for ideas.

·
-
1,782 Posts
If your coolant overflow tank is filling up or overflowing while driving, most likely your head gasket is leaking combustion pressure into the coolant system.

In addition to the other recommendations posted, I recommend a compression test on the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Must be head gasket, right? If I stop every hour or so of driving and use a turkey baster to transfer coolant from the overflow tank back into the radiator, I can drive all day. No coolant leaks into the combustion chambers or oil. It holds pressure in the radiator all night with no leak down. I have bled the system several times.
Looking for ideas.
It's combustion going into the radiator it will keep putting air in your system until your overflow starts leaking coolant and eventually over heat. i had this problem also. I used K-seal and it fixed it right. i only used half of the bottle but i've seen people on yt put the whole thing. it's up to you. just follow the instructions and you should be fine. i did it with a new radiator, new thermestat and honda blue coolant in my system. btw i haven't emptied my radiator or anything i just left it inside and it seems to be doing fine. GL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's combustion going into the radiator it will keep putting air in your system until your overflow starts leaking coolant and eventually over heat. i had this problem also. I used K-seal and it fixed it right. i only used half of the bottle but i've seen people on yt put the whole thing. it's up to you. just follow the instructions and you should be fine. i did it with a new radiator, new thermestat and honda blue coolant in my system. btw i haven't emptied my radiator or anything i just left it inside and it seems to be doing fine. GL
That's my next move.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the stopleak ready, it just puzzles me how it can hold pressure overnight. Seems like coolant would leak back into the combustion chamber.
If the cylinder in question happens to stop with the valves closed, and the valves and rings are in good shape, you might not get a significant amount of coolant in the cylinder before it all cools down.

Also if it's a tiny rupture then the coolant pressure might not be enough to force much coolant through. The pressure on the power stroke is waaaaaay more than the coolant pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts