Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so I know there is already a thread that shows what to actually do but i guess my version that I received is way different. I tried to follow the same instructions as in the DIY but it doesn't work. So it says to spin the bottom ring up and then twist the actual thread but this doesn't do a thing.

So how do I go about lowering this version of the N+?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
You need to loosen the lock ring first to be able to spin it or the lower mounting point. Neither will move cause they are locked. With the spanner attached to the locked ring, give it a tap with a rubber mallet or hammer to the right. This will free the lock ring from the lower mount allowing them to screw up or down.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Hmm, well it sounds like you know how to do it so I'm not sure why your having problems. Just loosen that bottom ring and start turning the threads themselves and they should thread right into the bottom portion of the shock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, well it sounds like you know how to do it so I'm not sure why your having problems. Just loosen that bottom ring and start turning the threads themselves and they should thread right into the bottom portion of the shock.
Yes but out of the box I cant turn the bottom any more I only have the option to turn the other way?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Unbolt the entire bottom of the coilover. The bottom of the coilover should be totally unattached to the car. Then, spin the bottom piece that you are pointing at. I do this when the threads get stuck.

I found it interesting that your locking ring is red while mine is black.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unbolt the entire bottom of the coilover. The bottom of the coilover should be totally unattached to the car. Then, spin the bottom piece that you are pointing at. I do this when the threads get stuck.

I found it interesting that your locking ring is red while mine is black.
same thing I was thinking. In the DIY I saw it had a black one while mine had a red one. maybe a newer model? lol

·
5,412 Posts
After looking at your picture thread, I'm assuming you resolved this issue. What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After looking at your picture thread, I'm assuming you resolved this issue. What did you end up doing?
Doing what I didn't wanna do and messing with the preload. I'm gonna have to mess with it more to go lower in the back

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
If you cant turn the threaded part anymore to the right then thats as low as she goes. Any lower you'll have to mess with the preloads.

Looks like yours is a newer, more improved version N+. My locking ring is black and is not as thick as yours. Yours also has a dust boot cover as well

·
5,412 Posts
If you cant turn the threaded part anymore to the right then thats as low as she goes. Any lower you'll have to mess with the preloads.

Looks like yours is a newer, more improved version N+. My locking ring is black and is not as thick as yours. Yours also has a dust boot cover as well
good catch on the dustboot. I didn't even notice that. Mine has the red ring without the dust boot

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy here, this is my second tsx with buddyclub n+ and i just wanted to know whether the bottom of the coilover must be completely removed from the fork to be adjusted (on the fronts)

As for the rears can they be adjusted without removing the bottom of the coilover completely?

Im attempting to do it myself rather than get my mechanic

thanks

·
Loading...█████&#960
296 Posts
New guy here, this is my second tsx with buddyclub n+ and i just wanted to know whether the bottom of the coilover must be completely removed from the fork to be adjusted (on the fronts)

As for the rears can they be adjusted without removing the bottom of the coilover completely?

Im attempting to do it myself rather than get my mechanic

thanks
yeah you can adjust both the front and back w/o removing the assembly from the car. you only have to loosen the bottom ring and adjust. it may be difficult to rotate the shock body by hand so what you can do is use the lockring wrench to turn the shockbody.

if you want to turn the shock DOWNWARDS use the wrench on the top lockring (the upper ring on the two that adjust preload) -- because the 2 rings are locked together turning it will rotate the whole shock assembly.

alternatively, if you want to turn the shock UPWARDS use the wrench on the lower of the 2 upper rings that adjust the preload. same reasoning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts