Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys...

I need your help and expertise :)
I just purchased a brand new buddy club n+ coilover for my tsx..

the manual says:
"to check damping force adjustment have 15 clicks. Due to the construction of the products, there may be a total of 16 to 18 clicks.
the clicks after 15 are not usable."

my questions is I have '14 clicks' and some are over 15 clicks which is normal.
1 front = 14 clicks
1 front = 17 clicks
1 rear = 14 clicks
1 rear = 15 clicks

** is my coil that has 14 clicks defected? since u suppose to have at least 15 clicks??

** yes. I have count it clockwise and anti clock wise 5x slowly and still 14 clicks.

should I exchange for a new set?
thank you for your help :)

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I have 15 on all 3 coils, and the 4th one (one of the fronts), clicks 15 times fully and the 16th click (if going clockwise (soft to stiff) is a half assed click that will barely click and as soon as it clicks/hits the click point, the knob has tightened up. The other 3 coils, it will hit the 15th click and have some slack going clockwise before it tightens up...therefore this 16th click I do not count.

14 is weird...I would go full soft on all 4 coilovers (basically go counterclockwise till the knob won't rotate anymore and hits the end) and count clicks till you get to your desired level of dampening. Don't focus too much on not having that 15th level...unless you want to be full stiff. Also, I use the provided allen key and go in clicks of one, slowly and firmly. Sometimes when you go too fast you dont feel/hear a click.

Cliffs: Keeping 0/soft as your baseline, count clicks clockwise to what you want on each coil.

I had my coils set to 9 front and 7 rear to break in the coils. Very soft ride. Once they broke in I went 11/9, and when I put on my 18x9.5 wheels and went lower, had it set to 14/13 lol.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 15 on all 3 coils, and the 4th one (one of the fronts), clicks 15 times fully and the 16th click (if going clockwise (soft to stiff) is a half assed click that will barely click and as soon as it clicks/hits the click point, the knob has tightened up. The other 3 coils, it will hit the 15th click and have some slack going clockwise before it tightens up...therefore this 16th click I do not count.

14 is weird...I would go full soft on all 4 coilovers (basically go counterclockwise till the knob won't rotate anymore and hits the end) and count clicks till you get to your desired level of dampening. Don't focus too much on not having that 15th level...unless you want to be full stiff. Also, I use the provided allen key and go in clicks of one, slowly and firmly. Sometimes when you go too fast you dont feel/hear a click.

Cliffs: Keeping 0/soft as your baseline, count clicks clockwise to what you want on each coil.

I had my coils set to 9 front and 7 rear to break in the coils. Very soft ride. Once they broke in I went 11/9, and when I put on my 18x9.5 wheels and went lower, had it set to 14/13 lol.

Hope this helps
thanks for the info bro... :)

The only concern for me - if the coilover is faulty.
I've never encountered this before..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts