Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum as I recently purchased an 07 CGP TSX! On my auto journey I've owned gsr, gsx(eclipse), ek civic, ap2 s2000, Frontier, 06 civic ex, and now 07 auto tsx. I have to say TSX strikes a perfect balance between looks, fuel economy, speed, and utility. Def a great car to drive around as a 30 year old.

But on to my question...

Because this is my daily I am not interested in performing any extravagant mods, but I am interested in adding a little more umph. I have installed CT Eng Ice Box Cold Air and I am now looking into replacing stock pulleys with lighter ones, but retaining OEM diameters due to underdrive issues. I have read extensively on UR, XLR8, NST, Ralco, and it seems to come down to personal preference between them. Shop where I bought CAI, evasive motorsports in SF Springs CA, carries Buddy Club pulleys for $380, but I have yet to find any reviews or personal accounts as to experience using Buddy Club pulley kit. I was hoping the very knowledgeable tsxclub community could shed some light on any info that may explain Buddy Club price mark up.

P.S. I now live in the Long Beach area and would like any recommendations to reliable shops where I can get pulley kit installed.

Thanks in advance and cheers to you all!

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Haven't heard of that pulley set - you can be the ginnea pig for the community and report back to us. ;)

I recently got the XLR8 (UR-built for XLR8) stock diameter lightweight crank and enjoy the more "rev-happy" nature of the engine - feels more sporty. However if you enjoy occasionally babying the car on the highway to get great MPGs when your not burning up the Tarmac - this may cause your highway mpg to drop a tick. I think this removes enough mass and inertia from the rotating mass of the engine that the car doesn't seem to coast as effortlessly around in 6th gear and I'm guessing I'm down an mpg or 2 on my 75mph highway trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H22_J30_K24

Thanks for the feedback. I just might! I am also considering XLR8 stock diameter pulley set. I do, as mentioned, prefer to coast on the highway and I am somewhat MPG conscious, but then again, my TSX is an auto so not exactly sure how your manual tran experience relates to auto tran.

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
On an auto I bet the pulley/ies would be ok for city driving mpg...not sure about hwy. mpg. Although, you may do ok on the hwy thanks to the torque converter judging by how much my wife's corolla with its little 1.8 coasts along and maintains momentum at hwy speed. But I'm just speculating here...I'd ask for hwy mpg feedback from auto trans guys/gals on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts