Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 and ended up smoking the valves on (at least) cyl 2. I replaced the engine with an 05 k24 and with a warranty for the time being. Im looking for some direction for rebuilding (emphasis on the building) the 07. It has 220k miles on it andthe block is likely okay as i did a head gasket at 215k and looked great ( no rod noise, knock and never jumped timing). The head likely needs to be recut and get a full valve job. Id like to make at least 320whp but am not opposed to much higher ( not over 600). I prefer a super charger or all motor but the cost of doing a supercharger is nuts and all motor is noisy and (imho) obnoxious for street use. The cost of nitrous or a turbo is appealing and something about that motor screams turbo or nos, but nos is dangerous to the engine and turbos have a sucky feel (Again imho) compared to a supercharger. I would greatly apprecuate anyone who can offer some guidance to this as well as what kind of internals i would have to run. ( would like to touch 8500rpm anyway i go)

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
You'll spend tons to get to 300+ all motor... The simplest and most reliable way to do that would be to supercharge.
Cheapest route would be turbo, and if you size correctly for your wants lag will be minimal.
As far as 8500rpm... There is no utility to wind that high with the k24. You would have to convert to a k20 oiling system to safely push near 8000 consistently.... And once you get to that point the head just doesn't flow enough to make more power. The highest rev limit a reflash for stock k24a2 internals is 7700 which is the sergebo reflash. Hondata sets the limit at 7600, and even with moderate airflow mods I feel the power output flatline after about 7200.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll spend tons to get to 300+ all motor... The simplest and most reliable way to do that would be to supercharge.
Cheapest route would be turbo, and if you size correctly for your wants lag will be minimal.
As far as 8500rpm... There is no utility to wind that high with the k24. You would have to convert to a k20 oiling system to safely push near 8000 consistently.... And once you get to that point the head just doesn't flow enough to make more power. The highest rev limit a reflash for stock k24a2 internals is 7700 which is the sergebo reflash. Hondata sets the limit at 7600, and even with moderate airflow mods I feel the power output flatline after about 7200.
Agreed. Might build it for supercharger, just have to save. If i do turbo. What size would you recomend? I dont want something wimpy like an rdx turbo but i also dont want one of those honkin mfs that you could put your fist through and are loud and abnoxious. Im a fan of the sleeper set up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Most have no issue running 7-8psi on stock internals. I'm another car forum I frequent a couple members have stock k24a2 swaps with turbos pushing 8psi, yielding 330whp or so. I don't have any firsthand experience with turbo builds so can't recommend beyond that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most have no issue running 7-8psi on stock internals. I'm another car forum I frequent a couple members have stock k24a2 swaps with turbos pushing 8psi, yielding 330whp or so. I don't have any firsthand experience with turbo builds so can't recommend beyond that.
I was hoping to do a top to bottom build so i can push 10-13psi and make 400ish

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an 07 and ended up smoking the valves on (at least) cyl 2. I replaced the engine with an 05 k24 and with a warranty for the time being. Im looking for some direction for rebuilding (emphasis on the building) the 07. It has 220k miles on it andthe block is likely okay as i did a head gasket at 215k and looked great ( no rod noise, knock and never jumped timing). The head likely needs to be recut and get a full valve job. Id like to make at least 320whp but am not opposed to much higher ( not over 600). I prefer a super charger or all motor but the cost of doing a supercharger is nuts and all motor is noisy and (imho) obnoxious for street use. The cost of nitrous or a turbo is appealing and something about that motor screams turbo or nos, but nos is dangerous to the engine and turbos have a sucky feel (Again imho) compared to a supercharger. I would greatly apprecuate anyone who can offer some guidance to this as well as what kind of internals i would have to run. ( would like to touch 8500rpm anyway i go)

It’s pretty hard to make those numbers NA unless you really want to dump alot of money into your build. You’d have to do a head swap to make an build motor a bit before reaching near 300 on a naturally aspirated motor. Best bang for buck, dollars to horsepower will be a turbo always.. I’ve boosted a few on stock internals and consistently make 300+. Just did a k20a3 with minor mods, full 3” exhaust” gt28 turbo (small and spools fast.) fmic with 3” piping, bov, external wastegate and arp head studs and Rdx injectors and It made 307 on 12.5 pounds and 276tq.. you just have to find the right tuner to respect your build as much as you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts