Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the depo headlights for my 04 and they came with 8000k bulbs. After installing, probably a couple days after, my driver side headlight went out as I was adjusting the level of the light. After using a test light I found out my ballast was bad.

Again, just a few days ago, I turned on my car, and with my luck, my passenger side was out. Still havent tested to see if it is the ballast though. What could have caused this? Is it just because the ballasts on our cars are crap? I have read a lot of these forums and people always talk about how they go out after so many years.

The only thing that really changed is I went from the 4300k bulbs to the 8000k but I dont see how that could be a problem. I

I bought new ballasts and am wondering if Im safe using the 8000k bulbs with them or if I should go back to stock?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
The 04-05 ballast in our cars are garbage. I went through 5 befor buying a pair of 06 and never had an issue since.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Sorry I was busy lately but the ballast just swap out and although they are smaller I screwed one side in ad taped down the rest of the ballast. I was fortunate that a friend sold me both of his ballast for $20 but the cheapest place is to check the classifieds or eBay.

The 06 ballast are plug and play just like the 05 except tey are smaller. Up until now they work fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.