Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arok5
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, new to this site, so bear with me. As a lot of you probably are/were, I'm not thrilled with the DRL's and Fog light bulbs as they look weak and yellowish.

What are my options for fixing this. I have a 10 TSX V6. Can I use plug and play LED ones for the DRLs and Fogs? Or do those not work?

I found these...thoughts and will they work? Any help or suggestions would be super appreciated. Thanks!

Amico H11 LED Bulbs Red 5050 SMD 27 Fog Light Headlight DC 12V 2pcs for Auto : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
550 Posts
fogs are easy.......either LED about 5000K or HID.
HID are PnP for the fogs. no relay needed.

THE drl's are a bit different. you dont want HID due to flash to pass and other short time bursts of the high beam.

Also once you change the drl's to LED you get the bulb out warning and need to add resistor to fix. iJDMtoy sells a kit for this.

or you could go with a high power 9005 like HOEN and such/

·
Registered
11 Posts
second what Robpp said. I have HID fogs and they are plug and play... I really like them. I have heard the LED Hi Lamps aren't very bright at night, so I haven't tried them.
I have hooked up a relay switch so that my fogs were my DRL's and it worked pretty well, except for the fact that I didn't have the flash any more.
The relay disabled the Hi beams and powered the fogs direct from the main fuse panel and switched back to normal wiring when the headlights were on.

·
Registered
550 Posts
be careful with that link.....those are RED......that will get you arrested o n the front of any vehicle.......red or blue.

i have 2 sets of 30W LEDs from xenon depot/kbcarstuff. lifetime guarantee.
check them out/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.