Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
mmtsx has the spoon ones the bottom kit is actually install equipment to install them in the tsx from what i understood from speaking to him about them (waiting for him to chime in)

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i have no idea, thought about gettin em as they will get you a tad bit lower but i never have got around to ordering them

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
stiffness?

no.

it has nothing to do with damper settings or anything.

first off, this is a very hard part to install. you cannot do this yourself, it's
impossible. yup, I said it. well if you have a two ton press in your garage,
you can pull it off, otherwise you're gonna need one. the tools, or kit you
buy to do the installation is superb. well made, well thought out, works great,
but still you need a press to make it work. so have a shop do the install.

what it does is this:

it lowers the hell out of the front of the car while leaving the suspension exactly
where it is. so it's dropping the front without lowering the coilovers. which means
you can raise up your coilovers (do this before install by 1"), install this kit, and in
the end you'll still be as low or lower than before. thus giving you more suspension
travel and better response. it also changes the roll center of the car, makes it
more stable, flatter in the turns, and takes pressure off of the suspension some from
being lowered.

those here know that I'm horrible with pictures.
I have a million parts on my car, many of which I'm the only one to have on a TSX,
yet I have about zero pictures of anything. let me see if I can find something
that has this kit in it....

edit:

okay, this picture is showing the guts of my front a-arms and such as I'm installing this
kit along with the spoon upper a-arms and a set of UR pulleys.

you can see the bump steer kit installed in the lower right hand corner of the pic.
it's to the right of the blue thing, which is the bracket for my Endless caliper.

and this is the hole after taking the knuckles off. take off the knuckles, bring them,
the bump steer kit, and the special tools to a shop and have them do the swap of parts
with their press, then you can do the rest on your own.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I agree with everything MMsTSX said. Here are pics of mine getting installed a couple weeks ago, which was not a short job:

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Been wanting to order a set for a while, seems like a fun little install.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stiffness?

no.

it has nothing to do with damper settings or anything.

first off, this is a very hard part to install. you cannot do this yourself, it's
impossible. yup, I said it. well if you have a two ton press in your garage,
you can pull it off, otherwise you're gonna need one. the tools, or kit you
buy to do the installation is superb. well made, well thought out, works great,
but still you need a press to make it work. so have a shop do the install.

what it does is this:

it lowers the hell out of the front of the car while leaving the suspension exactly
where it is. so it's dropping the front without lowering the coilovers. which means
you can raise up your coilovers (do this before install by 1"), install this kit, and in
the end you'll still be as low or lower than before. thus giving you more suspension
travel and better response. it also changes the roll center of the car, makes it
more stable, flatter in the turns, and takes pressure off of the suspension some from
being lowered.

those here know that I'm horrible with pictures.
I have a million parts on my car, many of which I'm the only one to have on a TSX,
yet I have about zero pictures of anything. let me see if I can find something
that has this kit in it....

edit:

okay, this picture is showing the guts of my front a-arms and such as I'm installing this
kit along with the spoon upper a-arms and a set of UR pulleys.

you can see the bump steer kit installed in the lower right hand corner of the pic.
it's to the right of the blue thing, which is the bracket for my Endless caliper.

and this is the hole after taking the knuckles off. take off the knuckles, bring them,
the bump steer kit, and the special tools to a shop and have them do the swap of parts
with their press, then you can do the rest on your own.
thanks for the reply

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like a shop would charge 3 hours for labor

when you guys buy this ball joint

do you have to buy this black thing
as well?

what is that black thing? is that a must buy?

regarding ground clearance, does the distance between the catalytic converter and the ground remain the same after the bump steer roll center ball joint installation?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
yes, the black thing is a MUST buy in my opinion.
they are the tools needed to remove the stock and replace it with the spoon.
without them, you will most likely damage your parts, not a good idea.

that picture does show the OEM on the right, I'm guessing it was fine and it
was just destroyed during the installation. I think mine looked similar when I
was done with them, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a good concept from initial impressions, would love to read about some more feedback from tsxs with these.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
you're probably not going to find much of any.

only a couple of us have it.

frankly it's fairly expensive, not needed, a hard install, and so on.

so while it's badass if you ask me, it's not really common place.

plus you need to adjust coilovers after, re-align after and so on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol thx for another reply MMsTSX, you have all the cool parts huh. Props for being on innovative/hardcore side for tsxs. In all actuality, I will not need this in the near future if ever but I love reading about what's out there, especially uncommon stuff.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Something that is on my list of things that should be getting done during the rebuild. Good to see some pics of the process.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know I'm bringing up an old thread. But, from reading the previous threads and the details on Heeltoe. Once the Roll center/Bump steer is installed the whole geometry of the front suspension is changed? As in there's less stress on the axles and increase the travel of your coil overs?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a similar kit on a Subaru. On that car, problem happens when you lower the car to a point where control arms go past being parrallel to the ground, roll center adjustment kit corrected that issue and put control arms back close to being parrallel or pointing down slightly. It helped handling very much.

Alternatively, you could just raise the car a bit.

Stan

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sort of part every heavily lowered car should have. Deals with bump steer and fixes suspension geometry.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I had a similar kit on a Subaru. On that car, problem happens when you lower the car to a point where control arms go past being parrallel to the ground, roll center adjustment kit corrected that issue and put control arms back close to being parrallel or pointing down slightly. It helped handling very much.

Alternatively, you could just raise the car a bit.

Stan
Exactly, I have Whiteline's for my GR.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It will FEEL like the car is stiffer in roll (not over bumps).

When you raise the roll center, the vertical distance between the center of gravity and roll center is reduced. This reduces the rolling moment when the car is in a corner.

You will want to have coilovers on the front, so you can raise the front of the car back up to the height you want it.

In the end you will get the benefit of having a lower center of gravity, without the dowside of lowering the roll center.

Edit: Because you increase the angle between the upper and lower arm, you also get the benefit of an increased camber curve, which will improve grip when cornering.

In my opinion EVERY lowered car should have these, regardless if its slammed, or just a 'normal' lowering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts