Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question, I have a 2009 tsx and I lowered it tonight on Tein S-Techs. My question is does anyone know if there are bump stops in the front to cut like the back ones?? I tried to take off that dust shield in the front but they wont budge. An help would be greatfulll. I also found that the front is a tad bit higher than the back any reason y I Have 1 12w6 in the trunk. Would that do it??

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are bump stops in the fronts and backs. Surprised you couldnt get the boot off. Must be a small layer of rust holding it together? Mine literally fell off once I got the spring off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We have no other options besides the stock dampers right now. But good point.....Ive read that stock damper life is cut by roughly 30% if you install lowering springs.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
We have no other options besides the stock dampers right now. But good point.....Ive read that stock damper life is cut by roughly 30% if you install lowering springs.
Why not just get the Tein Basics? They're $770 for full coilovers instead of $300 just for springs and compromised ride and performance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Springs were only $212.99 shipped to my door. Thats over $550 difference. My ride is very similar to stock until you start carving corners where it tracks flat with little body roll and feels well composed. No bounce, no squeek, and no bottoming out. Sure If I had the extra loot I would have went with coil overs but I have zero complaints with what I have here.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Springs were only $212.99 shipped to my door. Thats over $550 difference. My ride is very similar to stock until you start carving corners where it tracks flat with little body roll and feels well composed. No bounce, no squeek, and no bottoming out. Sure If I had the extra loot I would have went with coil overs but I have zero complaints with what I have here.
Fair enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts