Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Whats the internet?
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea you read the title correct...amazing how I live in Brooklyn and this car gets the crap beat out of it on a daily basis but yesterday I drove into NJ for a conference. I pulled into a parking spot and went in a little too much over the curb, as I backed off the bumper ripped off on the sides and under the car.

I tried my damnedest to get that thing back on but it wasn't having any of it. I woke up extra early today and drove to a local dealer here in NJ. They wanted to charge me $150 just to remove the bumper and get it back on. I owned a RSX prior to this and took the bumper off more times than I can count so I told them to just get the bumper on so it won't fall off driving back to Brooklyn tomorrow night. They did that for free, and hopefully I can get this damn thing off.

My issues is the bumper literally ripped off...so the areas that a screw goes into to hold it in near the fender/headlights are ripped meaning that even if I was to get it screwed on wouldn't it just continue to come off, how the hell can I fix this. I mean the whole situation is just silly and I feel like an idiot. Right now the bumper is sticking out under each headlight but not going anywhere, just hate seeing it like that. How easy is it to take off the bumper? Wonder if my old clips from the RSX will fit it.

·
Loading...█████&#960
296 Posts
Not hard to take off the bumper, if you did it w the Rsx before it isn't much different iirc. I used to have an rsx too

Pretty sure the same clips are used for the most part, I know they're that same style but not sure if the lengths are the same... It has been a while since I messed w the bumper on the tsx and I remember the rsx better as I messed w that car a lot more but it shoukd be about the same.

Remove clips at top, take off rad/grill cover and from there you should recognize the steps as similar to the rsx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts