Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m just a newbie to this forum as I’m going to look at a tsx tomorrow and might be a owner. But I just wanna get a few opinion if it’s worth it. It’s a 2007 fully loaded tsx black exterior black interior and the car is clean. No messed up paint, no dents no scratches and the interior has no rips and is also really clean. Has 129,000 miles clean title and also has a book with previous Maintenance. It’s also a 6 speed manual and is stock and he is asking 7k obo. Is that too much to ask for for the car? And does it being a 6 speed affect the price like some other cars or is it a good asking price?

·
Registered
382 Posts
6MT definitely carries a premium price over the auto... I'd say 1-2k more. There are auto TSX available everywhere but you really have to hunt for a clean 6MT. If I was searching for one, I'd be prepared to pay 6k or more for what you have described above. Detailed maintenance records really add value in my eyes. Don't value the nav package any higher than the non nav.... I've had both and definitely preferred the non nav. The stock nav is a dinosaur compared to what is available today. All in all I don't think 7k is a bad deal. If you can pull him down a few hundred great, but with a solid maintenance log and an honest responsible previous owner I wouldn't walk away from it at 7k if it checks all the boxes. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6MT definitely carries a premium price over the auto... I'd say 1-2k more. There are auto TSX available everywhere but you really have to hunt for a clean 6MT. If I was searching for one, I'd be prepared to pay 6k or more for what you have described above. Detailed maintenance records really add value in my eyes. Don't value the nav package any higher than the non nav.... I've had both and definitely preferred the non nav. The stock nav is a dinosaur compared to what is available today. All in all I don't think 7k is a bad deal. If you can pull him down a few hundred great, but with a solid maintenance log and an honest responsible previous owner I wouldn't walk away from it at 7k if it checks all the boxes. Good luck!
Okay thanks I just needed to be sure because I’m not familiar with the whole tsx community.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would say it's worth the $7K if it needed nothing major like you do at that mileage. If i were haggling i would say it needs to have the clutch replaced at that mileage which runs about $1500. Even if the wear on the disc is fine the bearing will go bad soon. my disc was nowhere close to toast at 150K, but the OEM bearing was trashed making it grind gears and get stuck in gear. The valves should be adjusted at that mileage which runs $300-$400 at the dealer. The other items that i would want to see in the service history is a new CMC and CSC worth another $400-$500 + tears in front compliance bushings on the lower control arms. These are problem areas that will need attention soon at that age.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent advice in this thread, thanks! I want to buy my first car too, and at first, I was going to take a loan from a bank for that. But now I am not so sure about it.
I still don’t have enough money and don’t want to wait until I save enough to buy a good car for cash. So I thought about going to one of the local financial organizations because they offer better interest rates. I read an article on https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/how-to-get-a-car-loan-in-canada-when-you-have-bad-credit/ and think it might be a not-bad idea for now. What do you think about it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Excellent advice in this thread, thanks! I want to buy my first car too, and at first, I was going to take a loan from a bank for that. But now I am not so sure about it.
I wouldn't hesitate to take out a loan for clean 1st gen 6MT under 200K. Get the motor checked out and make sure it runs and shifts smoothly.

If it's near 150K going to need a clutch and motor mounts, so make sure that's factored into the price. Rough shifting is more likely teh clutch and/or motor mounts, as opposed to a bad tranny.

Also need the service history. If the PS fluid has not been changed, or the PS steering rack has not been replaced, then you'll probably need a PS rack eventually.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to take out a loan for clean 1st gen 6MT under 200K. Get the motor checked out and make sure it runs and shifts smoothly.
My only hesitation would be the interest rates on a loan for someone looking to buy their first car. I'd never recommend buying anything other than what they can buy outright.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts