Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Well i was thinking of buying some used springs that have 60,000 mi on them...

Was wondering what are the downers of buying used springs.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
I wouldn't. Springs are already cheap enough as it is. Just buy new springs.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
+1 to above. TBH I did purchase a lightly used set of springs/shock combo (shocks/strut are the expensive part). I used them for quite a while (about 50k KM) and had no issues. The springs were only a couple of hundred brand new though. I'd probably go brand new next time around (if i went back to spring/strut combo rather than coilovers)

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would save around 100 bux if i bought them used. soo i thought about it , but i was kinda skeptical cuz it has 60k on them vs some of you guys buying the with a couple of miles to at most 20k on them

then again... this is my daily car soo mayb in this case it might be best to save some more, or go get soemthing else instead...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
You pay for what you get in most cases but aslong as they are in good shape it should be fine.

If they are rusted out or the paint is coming off, I'd def. stay away from them.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Just throwing this question out there... When is the last time someone saw springs "go bad" on any car? The springs themselves, not the shocks or mounts, and not leaf springs.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Just throwing this question out there... When is the last time someone saw springs "go bad" on any car? The springs themselves, not the shocks or mounts, and not leaf springs.
I see rear older ford taurus springs break alot and slash the rear tires, no joke. But hey that's a ford right lol

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
LOL I've never heard of that before, but then again, older Ford taurus' don't last long here due to the salt, and are usually off the road within 8-10 years! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts