Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying an 04 TSX with 150k miles and my concern is how it will hold up. I've been told they can go well over 200k with no problem. I just cant really afford to fix a major problem. I would greatly appreciate it I could get some feedback on whether it is safe or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
People get too hung up on numbers now a days. It all depends on the condition of the car which directly relates to how it was take. Care of. I bought mine with 153k on it:):)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends on the price. The 2004's had a lot more issues. Usually though, the higher mileage vehicles show that they have been driven plenty and maintained well :)

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
if you are really buying it, get it checked out.. my tsx with >150k has issues..

axle are finally going, maybe the hub also, recently all sorts of weird noises on accelerating.

It was also living in nyc so tons of pot holes & etc

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
if you are really buying it, get it checked out.. my tsx with >150k has issues..

axle are finally going, maybe the hub also, recently all sorts of weird noises on accelerating.

It was also living in nyc so tons of pot holes & etc

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
The 5 speed Auto's are plagued. That and the AC compressor issue.

Other than those major issues, its a reliable car otherwise. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
It's the most reliable car in the segment to buy used. I wouldn't want to be buying an 04' BMW 3 series, Audi A4 or Mercedes C Class with that many miles. They're plagued with high cost repairs.

That being said the TSX might not be completely trouble free but it sure is the best choice for a used entry level luxury sedan.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
It's the most reliable car in the segment to buy used. I wouldn't want to be buying an 04' BMW 3 series, Audi A4 or Mercedes C Class with that many miles. They're plagued with high cost repairs.

That being said the TSX might not be completely trouble free but it sure is the best choice for a used entry level luxury sedan.
For the 04 model year, there aren't many choices to begin with but I would also consider the is300 (or for a little more an 06 is250).

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
I agree on the 2004 model, stray away from it.

But if you truly can't afford repairs on a car that is high mileage, perhaps you should consider a different car with less miles. I understand the appeal of the car, and the TSX is a well made car that can go into high mileage if taken care of. But ANY high mileage car has a high probability of needing work and repairs. If you don't drive very many miles, it may be worth the risk.

Personally, I would prefer a "less luxurious" car with lower miles. Not intending to preach or tell you what to do, just merely making my own personal suggestions.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Thanks for all the input. It looks to have been taken care of.
That car has an 06-08 front bumper and grille. The owner looks to be a car modifier so the car was probably driven hard since we all like to enjoy our cars. But it also means that the owner took care of the car.

I have no doubt that the car will run for many more thousands of miles, but I would worry about the a/c issue that plagues the 04.

I would recommend looking for an 06. Do a search for what changed that year. You might find that you might want some of the added features. If you plan on tracking the car, though, 04 would shine. It should have less weight since it lacks the features added in 06. Many 04 owners who later traded in their car for a newer year have mentioned that the later models don't corner as well as the 04.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought an 04 that was taken care of with 90K for 10K. Have you looked for long? I live mid-atlantic and think that is a normal price. Personally I would want to start with something with no mods and dealer maintenance and try and get something under 100K. Not that I would get dealer maintenance, it is just an indication of the kind of care it might have had. Just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a tsk for 9,999 with only 93,618 miles on it and when i pulled the car fax it showed one owner and it also showed all the services and everything he did to the car.. The car is in perfect condition and has not been modified. Found it in a bmw dealership so im thinking it was an older person who had the car. Keep searching and dont jump on the first u see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my 04 tsx about 4 years ago with 90k on it. It was a one owner who took it to the dealer for everything have all records looked to have only one problem early on and that was the frt rotors. Paid 13k for it, now I am up to 150K with no problems on it. Love my car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bought my 04/Navi last summer for 10,000. Had 112,000 on the odometer. I've had to do some maintenance on it, but I love the car.

Driver's side rear wheel bearing replaced. Shift cables replaced. Sent the DVD unit in the trunk to Apline to get refurbished, 2012 Navi Disc. Currently am having the center console refurbed.

·
Donating Member
73 Posts
If you are worried about the mileage and repairs, it is probably too much...grab a civic with half the miles...and if you insist on getting a TSX, don't overpay...I was looking at a WRX a month ago, and the dealership wouldn't give me more than $8250 on trade. My 06 M/Navi has 102k on it - one owner, well taken care of with records...didn't tell them about Hondata, but maybe low because of Comptech intake and Tein basics, although I told them I could return to stock....anyway, if I decided to sell it, I would sell for $12k....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts