Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to blacking out all the chrome on my car. Took off the two side emblems on the trunk as well. Everything came out great.

Used plasti dip for the grille and electrical tape for the door trim. And white electrical tape for the door handles. My biggest worry is that it won't hold up, but it surprisingly looks awesome and no one has been able to tell it's simply tape.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/5B1EW/embed"></iframe>

·
@fsocietytsx
379 Posts
Looks mean, I was hoping to do the same thing with the grill but maybe doing black chrome on the emblems -- match my hyper black chrome a-specs. Looks awesome none the less!
do it before may 4th!

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
I like the blacked out window trim and color matched door trim.
Should've paint matched the grill and hood trim and left both "A" emblems chrome.
Also, tinted taillights is a :nono: in my book.
My opinions... but it's ur car.

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
Agree with SLIK and chikia, tinted taillights aren't my thing. But hey, it goes with the theme. The rest of the car looks clean.

Euro R-style headlights would set it off nicely.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. The best part about everything is that it is easily reversible. The tail light tint is vinyl stick on, and I plan on keeping it on until it wears out, or I get tired of it.

Originally I was going to leave the A in the grille chrome, but decided to black it all out. If I get bored I can peel off the plasti dip on the A.

Never thought about paint matching the grille. Does anyone have pics of a PWP that has this done? Not even sure which parts I would want white and what black. I do like the whole black on white theme I have going.

If I paint matched the grille, I would plasti dip it, not tape. I only taped the rest because I didn't want to mask everything off and the parts aren't as easily removable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks clean! :grinno: Should vinyl wrap the pieces though, will probably hold up better than electrical tape.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.