Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody... I just thought I would let you know that I am thinking about selling the TSX. I am sure some of you read about the oil change and the radiator cap being left off - I took it to my local dealer for a full inspection and they said that there are numerous sensors and other misc parts in the engine that have been melted because the car overheated.

I have been given the option to either get it repaired under the warranty or the dealer will buy it back from me minus $3000. I would think about keeping it and getting it repaired; however, I have put 23,000 miles on it and if I am losing only $3,000 it seems to be a no brainer.

Any suggestions for a new car? I was thinking about the Lexus ES300, RX330, or the Infiniti FX35. Comments on those three or other car ideas would be greatly appreciated :) I want to stay under $45,000 for the new car WITH Navi and all the nice toys :).

I thought about the new Acura RL (2005) but it will be 50 thousand + (I like all the toys on that one lol) I also thought about the TL but like the RL I do not think I want a car that is completely redesigned for the first year.

Hmmmmmmm thanks everybody :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Wow...that sucks.. I personally wouldn't want it repaired under warranty... But if they're willing to take the car back minus 3k from what you paid for....sounds like a deal to me..

Personally...the new ES is fugly... I think you should take a look at the GS300. I love the looks of that car... :nod:

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Since if it overheated badly enough to melt "numerous sensors and other misc parts in the engine" I'd be unsure it would make it to 150,000 miles. Seems they're taking off $0.15/mile which seems reasonable. Therefore, I'd probably take the offer, and buy another brand-new '04 TSX in the same color (!) at the current market price (probably significantly less than you originally paid).

(I confess to liking the 330i with the performance ZHP package, but it costs almost TWICE what my TSX is worth; I do like it but not TWICE as much as my TSX!)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I'd probably take the offer, and buy another brand-new '04 TSX in the same color (!) at the current market price (probably significantly less than you originally paid).
Very sorry to hear about your car.
Joker - who agrees with Bob :thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is simple, if you like the TSX then go and buy another one :D Maybe in a different color this time for something different :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
Very sorry to hear about your car.
Joker - who agrees with Bob :thumbsup:
Ditto, plus get another TSX. :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I'd probably take the offer, and buy another brand-new '04 TSX in the same color (!) at the current market price (probably significantly less than you originally paid).
:sprint:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol... aside from the fact that i love the tsx... i decided i want somethign with all wheel drive.... hmm...

but in the meantime... does anybody want the xm radio mod? (replaces the not an ashtray unit) I paid umm $140ish for the xm and then $110 for the fiberglass mod... so i dont know waht a fair price is... but if you want it PM me...

same for the avelectronic unit and the dvd player to use the navi screen... also the rear view camera.

but hmm i agree with you tsx r us... i dont like the es very much... its not umm sport enough... i drove the gs and it was kind of sluggish in terms of pickup...but it is deffinately an option... i do believe it has an option for AWD but I am not sure....

the FX35 is moving up on the list quickly because it has just about everything anybody coudl ask for...but not terribly expensive... and the people who own this acura dealer own a honda, infiniti, chrysler and a few other dealers...and agreed to give me any car from their dealers at invoice... they do not own lexus, bmw or mercedes :( lol

thanks guys :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Have heard great things about those Infinitis from almost everyone!

.....although the one they usually talk about is the 45......

Sorry to see that the TSX is going.
But we still love ya.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
vp911 said:
but in the meantime... does anybody want the xm radio mod? (replaces the not an ashtray unit) I paid umm $140ish for the xm and then $110 for the fiberglass mod... so i dont know waht a fair price is... but if you want it PM me...
I'll PM you about the XM radio mod... :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
vp911 said:
but hmm i agree with you tsx r us... i dont like the es very much... its not umm sport enough... i drove the gs and it was kind of sluggish in terms of pickup...but it is deffinately an option... i do believe it has an option for AWD but I am not sure....

the FX35 is moving up on the list quickly because it has just about everything anybody coudl ask for...but not terribly expensive... and the people who own this acura dealer own a honda, infiniti, chrysler and a few other dealers...and agreed to give me any car from their dealers at invoice... they do not own lexus, bmw or mercedes :( lol

thanks guys :)
Hmmm...I don't think the current GS comes in AWD... I couldn't find it on their website... That sounds like a pretty good deal!! Just remember, you don't have an excuse to not come back and post here :D

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
Have heard great things about those Infinitis from almost everyone!
But, but the styling looks so, well, French!

:)

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
SAZABI said:
I don't think you can find a similar class with this kind of handling. =)
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying, but what I'm hearing is "you can't find a similar car with this kind of handling".

Of course you can. It's just a FWD car with a strut tower brace. Since he's looking to spend upwards of $45k, I'd say there are plenty of cars that handle at least as well as the TSX, and many that handle much better.

It mostly depends on what you mean by "similar class". If you're talking sport sedans, several pop into my head that handle better than a TSX. If you're talking cars under $30K, again, several cars spring to mind. If you mean, "Japanese cars under $30K, with four doors, FWD, four-cylinder engines, sport-minded, with a luxury interior, made by Acura" than I would agree that the TSX is the way to go. :D

Unless you get a great deal on a used TL. :D :D

Ferg

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well... I made a deal with my Acura dealer.. they are replacing the engine completely under warranty - which is great. They are also going to allow me to trade it in for the same price minus $0.10 cents a mile from now for the 2005 TL at invoice price. They will also give me free lifetime oil changes (which the oil change is what happened to destroy the tsx lol) and free unlimited car washes whenever I want.

So I am wondering what your thoughts are on the TL??? I have driven it a few times and yes, I love it... and I am sure it will be just as much fun as the TSX. I will however not make ANY mods to the TL - besides it has everything I really want - power, bluetooth, and XM.

As far as the TSX, anybody who wants my XM unit, it is still available. I do request that if you want it you PM me and we can discuss it, but whoever wants it must either send me their old "not an ashtray" unit and it MUST have the metal trim kit.... if not then the price will be higher on the XM unit as I will have to buy the replacement not an ashtray unit for that section.

I am also selling the AVELECTRONIC unit, DVD Player, and the Rear view camera.

PM me if interested in any of these.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Hmmmm...a TL eh? I still like the looks of the TSX better, but can't argue with the power :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, I think the TL is going to be it..... in terms of sedans I was looking at the BMW 525i and of course the G35

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
That's great, vp911! When I was shopping TSX's, I purposefully avoided the TL because I knew I would get sucked into wanting one in a bad way. I suspect I would be very happy with a TL.

:D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts