Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to Autozone and got myself some tools and a cabin air filter for $7.

Part # CAF1781

I know some of us has done our cabin air filter change, but today I finally got mines done and HOLY SMOKES! I cannot believe I been breathing this air for a long time. check it out

backside

And I dont know how this glass piece got into the filter, I never broke a glass or anything before, although I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle so it must've been something from the previous owner.

I was considering doing a DIY, but the cabin air filter came with instructions and apparently all the vehicle models that uses this same air filter has a similar dash to reference.

I just want to share my dirty filter to encourage everyone else to do the same and replace theirs so that they can breathe healthy oxygen. For $7 it is worth it

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how you were able to find the filter for $7, because I looked it up at Autozone using the same part number and it lists for $15.99. I probably need to go ahead and change mine but last time I looked at it, it was still good.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
And yet the dealership wants to charge $80 to change this shit. Crooks!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Any reason to go aftermarket vs OEM for a cabin air filter?
I did the febreeze one bc it masks the stale air a/c smell and supposedly has allergen reducers. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Any reason to go aftermarket vs OEM for a cabin air filter?
i got an aftermarket one which was charcoal treated to better protect against allergens and smoke from trucks...only a few bucks more

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I did mine there was all kinds of crap in there, I think mine had a chunk of glass too, I'm thinking probably kicked up off the road though, I know the previous owner. I got an OEM one on eBay for $8 shipped, next time I'll try the Fram Freshbreeze one, it'll be winter by then with much less window down time for me.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
Our dealership charges $50 :/ Pretty easy to do and definitely worth replacing at least every 30k miles. You would be amazed at some of the shit I see in toyota cabin filters.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i went to parts counter in jackson acura in roswell, ga... they charged me $50 for cabin filter.... i paid it cause i didnt want to look like a cheapass.... but i will not go back to their parts department.... i thought it would cost me like $20 bucks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced mine today with the fresh breeze from walmart. It was really dirty. Didn't realize how stale the air was until I changed it. One of the previous owners broke the damper though. Lame

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
super nerd
184 Posts
And yet the dealership wants to charge $80 to change this shit. Crooks!
Every time the dealership brings the cabin filter out to me and suggests that it be replaced, it just pisses me off. It's insulting that they want to charge me $70-$80 when I know the part is $20 or less and they've already done the labor by pulling the old one out. When I call them out on it, I get a lot of "Well....ummm...genuine Acura part...it's hard to dig the filter out..." :bs:

I tell them to put that thing back where they find it, then I drive a quarter mile up the road from the dealership to Autozone and get one for $17. The last time they pulled this I was especially annoyed so I call a Honda dealership and asked them how much a cabin filter for an '06 Accord would be (I believe it's the same part). The filter costs $20.84, but installation is $40.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts