Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So I have an 2006 TSX. When I use my hands free bluetooth the road noise is so loud that I can barely hear the person I'm talking to and they say that I sound like I'm talking with the windows down.

Is there any settings I can change? If not, does anyone know what parts I can replace to reduce cabin noise? I know that when I'm on the freeway, it sounds like air is leaking through my door (I'm not sure about the other doors) so I think I may have a weather seal leak or something. I appreciate the help.

Chris

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I think it could be a volume issue. Did you turn the bluetooth volume up on the car? I put mine at 25 and it's plenty loud for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it could be a volume issue. Did you turn the bluetooth volume up on the car? I put mine at 25 and it's plenty loud for me.
I play with the volume as well to no avail. I was wondering if there was a setting to play with the microphone sensitivity so it doesn't pick up on all my cabin noise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have any suggestions? Do the stock tires make a lot of noise? Dynamat? Throw some foam or something in the doors?

My inner door weather seals seems to be a bit loose, but I think they are squished and create a seal when it's closed.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
dynamat, regular or superlite

·
Registered
347 Posts
I only have my hands free volume at 10-12 when I talk and never have problems with hearing (and I'm about to get hearing aids). Might be something wrong with your seals on your car as cabin noise shouldn't be that bad for you.

If you decide to put sound insulation in try the stuff from Secondskinaudio.com - I used their damplifier pro and luxury liner pro which helped a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only have my hands free volume at 10-12 when I talk and never have problems with hearing (and I'm about to get hearing aids). Might be something wrong with your seals on your car as cabin noise shouldn't be that bad for you.

If you decide to put sound insulation in try the stuff from Secondskinaudio.com - I used their damplifier pro and luxury liner pro which helped a bit.
Thanks for the insight. I took it to an auto shop today and I'm not sure they knew what the problem was, sounded like they were guessing ("could be this, or that, or even that and this").

I'll probably look for an audio shop next and look into secondskin/dynamat as well as replacing my seals.

At this point I'm sure somethings out of the ordinary with my TSX. It's one of the best cars I've had but the road and cabin noise is incredibly loud and judging by the responses, it's not normal. My RSX was far quieter even with my DC sports exhaust. Appreciate the help guys!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I honestly don't think it's due to cabin noise. Maybe the mic is messed up?

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I took it to an auto shop today and I'm not sure they knew what the problem was, sounded like they were guessing ("could be this, or that, or even that and this").

I'll probably look for an audio shop next and look into secondskin/dynamat as well as replacing my seals.

At this point I'm sure somethings out of the ordinary with my TSX. It's one of the best cars I've had but the road and cabin noise is incredibly loud and judging by the responses, it's not normal. My RSX was far quieter even with my DC sports exhaust. Appreciate the help guys!
I have an '06, so essentially the same car. Mine was quietest ride I'd ever had..now tires are severely warn and my road noise has doubled in recent months. Any chance it's that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I honestly don't think it's due to cabin noise. Maybe the mic is messed up?
Could be, but it's still pretty loud in the car. I don't expect it to be as quiet as a lexus or benz but my friends ford focus and my gf's mazda3 are at least twice as quiet in their cabin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.