Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows how much installation would cost for the Injen CAI. I don't have access to tools or technical knowledge to install it myself. I live in the San Diego area, anyone know a good mechanic out here?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Perhaps one of the board members might leave in the same area and have one installed prior could help you out.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
indeed, i had no experience whatsoever and i was lucky enough to meet someone on this forum that lived nearby, we got together and i did a lot of it myself hands it, of course with his help. it was a great learning experience and you really dont need THAT much knowledge about cars:)

ps. it took us less than 2 hours..and im just a noob..hehe

btw, thanks kev for helping me install my cai!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I wish I lived near SD to help you do it. Good luck!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Ummmmm. OK. I've only had one cup of coffee, it's still early but ... how is this "off topic" about TSXs???

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
bob shiftright said:
Ummmmm. OK. I've only had one cup of coffee, it's still early but ... how is this "off topic" about TSXs???
LOL...good question. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man.. I just got my Injen CAI last night and started to do the install... go the front end off... got most of it apart but couldn't get the bottom hose off of the stock air tube... I have no car experience but thought I could get through the directions... but once I noticed I bent one of the metal tubes a little bit.. I decided to wait until December 6th and get it installed at Modacar for $65... ugh.. talk about depressing.. I just didn't want to go further and make it worse...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chills said:
Man.. I just got my Injen CAI last night and started to do the install... go the front end off... got most of it apart but couldn't get the bottom hose off of the stock air tube... I have no car experience but thought I could get through the directions... but once I noticed I bent one of the metal tubes a little bit.. I decided to wait until December 6th and get it installed at Modacar for $65... ugh.. talk about depressing.. I just didn't want to go further and make it worse...
What's Modacar? Or Where's Modacar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
www.modacar.com - they are in Livermore CA, bay area.

Actually during Thanksgiving my brother in-law came and helped with the installation of the intake... boy was I thankful! hahaha I love it.. sounds great!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chills said:

Actually during Thanksgiving my brother in-law came and helped with the installation of the intake... boy was I thankful! hahaha I love it.. sounds great!!

Cool, thanks.

Glad you got it installed.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
chills said:

Coolness...congrats! :)

I was in Livermore over the summer visiting my sister-in-law...we hit a few of the In-N-Out Burgers there! :D

Website sponsor:

·
Registered
10 Posts
yum... In-N-Out Burgers... now I'm getting hungry... hahahah

Where does everyone feel the most performance increase with their CAI? I seem to feel it most when in second gear...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Wide Open Throttle, VTEC ;)

You can further improve your Injen CAI's performance with a better air filter.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Like noel said,Wide Open Throttle, VTEC

But if your talking about gears, 2nd seams to be the loudest and fastest to me..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts