Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the great info...got injen cai installed yesterday, driving it is much funner. :mardi: It gives off a nice growl @3000rpms...I got the AEM bypass valve also(Maybe unnessary, but now I shouldn't have to worry as much). Did someone say I wouldn't gain as hp or torque w/ the valve?

My next thing to do is to lower suspension...I hear TEIN brand is good, had Skunk2 on '95 Civic which I liked ride comfort and handling,how would they compare. Seeing on this subject anyone recommend a brand?

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
there is no reason why the valve should affect power production unless it is opening while you are driving for no reason.

As for the suspension, see if ytou can afford and find a real set of matched coilovers. e.g. not springs on an adjustable perch that slip over the stock shocks. If you dont want to go that far check to see if they make KYB AGX adjustable shocks for your car. The are VERY affordable and I LOVE mine. I have them apired wsith some adjustable Skunk Werks (not skunk 2, but OLD SKOOL) springs and I LOVE it for daily driving and the auto cross.

For springs, Tien makes a good product but is overpriced. Check Ground Control to see if they make springs for your car. EIBACH makes the springs for them so you will be getting a top quality product for way less then buying directly from Eibach.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
i say if you were willing to pay for Skunk2 in the first place you minus well go with the TEIN... the ride is soooo sweet.... if you wanna go with springs and struts check out eibach for springs and koni if they have struts for the tsx i'm not sure...

let me know what you think... maybe i can help you out with some of this stuff...

wiL

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
With a CAI bypass you will lose some power gains. Tein is an excellent quality product...I had Tein Basic on my Civic EP3 and really enjoyed them...you can get them for a good price. I will probably go with them again on my TSX some day. Also, don't forget Mugen...that's the true overpriced alternative but they are nice as well...ask Joker.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just installed some tein basic coilovers on my tsx and i love it. Ride quality is just lil bit stiffer then oem but still comfortable and handles great.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Silv04TSX said:
I just installed some tein basic coilovers on my tsx and i love it. Ride quality is just lil bit stiffer then oem but still comfortable and handles great.
You got some pics?

:worthless

·
Registered
169 Posts
yea heres a crappy pic, I will be taken better pics since the weather has been nice out. The coilovers are set roughly 2" drop in front and 1.75" in the rear. I still have another inch to go down on the coilovers if i wanted to.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Silv04TSX said:
yea heres a crappy pic, I will be taken better pics since the weather has been nice out. The coilovers are set roughly 2" drop in front and 1.75" in the rear. I still have another inch to go down on the coilovers if i wanted to.
Oh yeah, I thought I had seen a pic of your Tein TSX ride some where. Looks good!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
What spolier is that??
And....you have Mugen in your ride?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
That just looks like the oem spoiler...but his trunk lid is popped open which makes it look different...

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
oh......lol...... trunk popped.....no wonder~

ya......show me the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGEN~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts